Thread: Night of the Prog at Loreley

Night of the Prog at Loreley

Anyone who attended the festival at Loreley? What a weekend
    I had very high expectations because of the impressive line-up but they were surpassed. Most of the bands did fantastic performances and it's hard to say which was most impressive. I mean, in the same weekend you got amazing versions of for example "Itīs only me" by Pendragon, "Ice" by Camel, "Suppers Ready" by Hackett and "Incubus" by Rothery. Also great to see Haken live for the first time. I can go on, I mean, Riverside, Beardfish and everyone else (maybe not Enid...sorry) were great.
    A pure magical Music experience and also beautiful surroundings and weather.

I forgot to mention that Pain of Salvation maybe were better than I ever seen them. That says a lot...

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Wish we had a fest like this here here across the pond.

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the Enid?

I think it's all the backtracks. It feels like you are watching a diskjockey instead of a band. The music itself is a interesting break from the rest but maybe it didn't fit in so very well.

Luna Kiss appeared at this. Love their music, particularly their current EP Gravity

Did you catch Kaipa DaCapo? on Facebook Roine said there were a lot of technical problems with the sound and he didn't seem like he was happy with how they sounded. Wondered how it seemed to you in the audience.

and yes let me echo others by saying how lucky you are and jealous we all are. The lineup looked incredible.

Here's The Progressive Aspect's "as it happened" photoblog from Loreley:-

http://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog...ns-photo-blog/

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Occasional PE'er Jason Hart appeared onstage playing keyboards with Camel. Wish I had been there to see it.

Loreley is one of the best concert experiences I've ever had (2011). I was so bummed there was no way to afford it this year. I can only imagine how good this dream lineup was!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Yes, Kaipa DC had technical problems. No time for sound-check and, as it seems, big communication-problems with the sound guys. They were quite frustrated but did the best of the situation. They also needed to skip one number due to lack of time. They have surely done better gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Telecaster View Post
    I think it's all the backtracks. It feels like you are watching a diskjockey instead of a band. The music itself is a interesting break from the rest but maybe it didn't fit in so very well.
    I dislike backing tracks too. I really don't think it's necessary to repeat the recorded music experience exactly in a live situation. Makes it pointless going to the show. I went to see Panic Room recently & their computer crashed so they couldn't reproduce all the bells & whistles of their c.d.s. Anne-Marie Helder couldn't have been any more apologetic but the show was awesome. The best I've ever seen them.

I suppose that The Enid's music would be pretty tough to play live without a stage full of musicians (although they seemed to manage well enough back in the day, unless I was too naive to notice!) which would be prohibitively expensive I imagine. Maybe the should stick to being a studio project.

Anyone know who Beardfish used for a keyboard player? I was surprised to see them use another musician on stage for "Hold On".
    <sig out of order>