Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Crimson- Frame By Frame Box Set

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    I was browsing in a local record shop yesterday and I saw that they had a used copy in stock of King Crimson's "Frame By Frame" CD box set. What is to be said about this box set? are the recordings in the box exclusive to this set? Should I buy it?

Library Jon
    I vote no. "Frame By Frame" has been surpassed both in terms of sound quality and packaging by the two "21st Century Guides" and the various "40th Anniversary" deluxe editions of the albums. The only recordings exclusive to the "Frame By Frame" set are the edited versions of "LTIA, Pt. 1", "Fracture" & the version of "Cadence & Cascade" with Adrian Belew replacing Gordon Haskell's lead vocal. The best thing about "Frame By Frame" is the booklet which has notes from Robert Fripp as well as an update of the notes from 1976's "The Young Person's Guide".

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    It's on the 30th-anniversary edition of In the Wake of Poseidon at least, so probably the 40th too.
    Yes, the single version of "Cat Food" is on the 40th Anniversary version of "In The Wake Of Poseidon" (along with the B-side, "Groon").