Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your non Hammond favorite Leslie Speaker moments

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Clapton ~ "Badge"
    epic guitar break!

When I saw Cream on their reunion tour in 2006, the Leslie sat there all night until that arpeggio in "Badge".
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Guitar: Steve Howe in Arriving UFO;
    Vocals: Steve and Chris in I Get Up, I Get Down.

But I've got a feeling someone's going to expose my ignorance and say neither of those use a Leslie.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    Vocals: Steve and Chris in And You And I.
    Is the correct answer

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    When I saw Cream on their reunion tour in 2006, the Leslie sat there all night until that arpeggio in "Badge".
    Did he use the wah on "White Room"? I don't think he did at the RAH gigs. Pity.....
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Is the correct answer
    Oh God, that's what I meant, why did I write IGU,IGD? I was listening to the whole album only two hours ago. I'd like to blame drink, but this time it must be age.

Oh God, that's what I meant, why did I write IGU,IGD? I was listening to the whole album only two hours ago. I'd like to blame drink, but this time it must be age.
    Heh, I figured it was a brain fart.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post

I know I've read that the electric piano on the studio version of No Quarter is played through a VCS-3, but what about the live version? Like on The Song Remains The Same, is the Rhodes going through a Leslie?

Is the guitar on Brain Damage played through a Leslie?
    JPJ's Rhodes goes through a Maestro (IIRC) phaser on the live versions. "Brain Damage" was a Hi-Fli synth.
    http://www.wingspreadrecords.com/maestro_ps1_page.html

Jon Lord used to run all his keyboards thru a Leslie during the Mark III & IV Purple. Rhodes, Solina, Clavinet and Odyssey and of course the C3.

Did he use the wah on "White Room"? I don't think he did at the RAH gigs. Pity.....
    It's my understanding that he did use it at the NYC gigs.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

He didn't.

Shame on him!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Ozzy's beautiful vocal on Planet Caravan.

the winter tree beat me to it. Yeah... Davey Johnstone. Great use of the effect (listen to the mighty and effective guitar work on Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me for example). And Frampton as someone pointed out. I think I read that his classic sound employed 2 of them micd up and panned for stereo effect.
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Heh, I figured it was a brain fart.
    Chronic Mind Flatulence in my case. (Wasn't that an Alphonse Mouzon... no!)

This one's probably too obvious, but Jon Anderson's vocals in Astral Traveller.

Frampton's sound was cool- he blended the Leslie tremelo with his straight sound for a really nice shimmer effect. Slow it sounded a lot like a Univibe, only better.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Johnny Cougar's Human Wheels

The live clip that VH-1 Classic was airing for awhile, certainly didn't have the wah wah on it.

the electric guitar on Simon & Garfunkel America
    what a lovely tone !
    https://youtu.be/gAoArleLZEk

Ah, another one that has always stuck out for me- the electric piano and the guitar on Old Fashioned Love Song by Three Dog Night! The guitar in particular is cool because he swells in while the Leslie is decelerating from the fast speed to the slow speed.