Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camel 2015 Summer tour

Camel 2015 Summer tour

Last night at St. Albans was the opening night of the Camel 2015 Summer tour. Big set list changes from the last tour: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/camel/...-3bf68c10.html.

Andy just seems to get better and better.

My great frustration: never being able to catch Camel live. I sure wish they would do a US tour that came somewhere close to me.

I am very glad you got to see the band live. There is such an amazing catalog of music for them to choose from for their live shows.

With Ton Scherpenzeel on board as keyboardist, an American tour just won't happen. Or they should ask Tom Brislin once again.

I sooooo miss the great Peter Bardens. How sad it was when he passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    Last night at St. Albans was the opening night of the Camel 2015 Summer tour. Big set list changes from the last tour: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/camel/...-3bf68c10.html.

Did you check out their merch table? I will see them in Poland and wondered what might be available.

Wow... that is one great set list. I echo the sentiment about USA shows, not going to happen sadly so hopefully a dvd will be made of this tour!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Seeing Camel at Nearfest was a long-held dream come true. Same with Caravan. Would love to see the band again. Coincidentally, just realized last night while reading the liner notes on Hillage's Live Herald that Colin Bass was on bass on several tracks.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I got to see them twice in later incarnations. One does get the sense of being in the presence of a master when Andy Latimer plays.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Seeing Camel at Nearfest was a long-held dream come true.
    Same here. When they reformed in 91, I vowed I would go anywhere in the US to see them. The Nearfest show was my first and only opportunity to do so. Very grateful to NF for making it possible. I wish they would have come to the US 2 years ago to play the Snow Goose here. But I can live happily with the one show I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurm View Post
    With Ton Scherpenzeel on board as keyboardist, an American tour just won't happen. Or they should ask Tom Brislin once again.
    For those that don't know (I didn't until I Googled him), Mr. Scherpenzeel has a big fear of flying, hence, no real chance for tours other than in Europe.

(Perhaps Camel needs to take a leisurely cruise to America and then charter a bus!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    For those that don't know (I didn't until I Googled him), Mr. Scherpenzeel has a big fear of flying, hence, no real chance for tours other than in Europe.

(Perhaps Camel needs to take a leisurely cruise to America and then charter a bus!)
    b.t.w. Kayak has recorded in the US, so Ton Scherpenzeel has been flying in the past, but I suppose the times have changed.

I suppose Andy Latimer is happy to have Ton Scherpenzeel on board. I've once read an interview where he stated Ton Scherpenzeel was one of the best keyboardplayers he had worked with. But well, it was for a Dutch musicians magazine.

The Bath Forum gig was recorded for DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    The Bath Forum gig was recorded for DVD.
    I hope this is true!

one of my top 10 favorite Guitar players... perhaps the only English Guitar player in my top 10 with Gilmour and Hackett a distant 2nd and 3rd from that country for my money. Well, Gilmour might crack my top 10

I sure hope there will be a DVD. The clips sounded great and the 70s Camel DVDs I have don't contain the gloriously majestic Ice
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Agree - what a great set list. Looking forward to seeing them next week in Norwich. Bit puzzled though why its not sold out at such a small venue given the Snow goose tour did very well on attendances only recently (mind you Augustines haven't done so either at the same place - must be summer of summink). Glad to see Ton behind the keys - a great player with a lot of sensitivity.

Here's a report on the show in Bath from The Progressive Aspect:-

http://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog/2015/07/10/camel/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Newman View Post
    Did you check out their merch table? I will see them in Poland and wondered what might be available.
    Nothing new. They had DVD's, CD's and 3 t-shirts (Snow goose, Guitar, and Moonmadness ).

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Wow... that is one great set list. I echo the sentiment about USA shows, not going to happen sadly so hopefully a dvd will be made of this tour!
    Set list has changed a bit. Each of 3 gigs was slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Set list has changed a bit. Each of 3 gigs was slightly different.
    But not in a good way...the second gig (Bath) dropped the second encore of the Snow Goose songs and the third gig (York) further dropped two songs including the brilliant Echoes.

But not in a good way...the second gig (Bath) dropped the second encore of the Snow Goose songs and the third gig (York) further dropped two songs including the brilliant Echoes.
    That is something that always happens on Camel tours: after the first few gigs some songs get dropped. I am glad they left out the Goose bits because we have had the whole Snow Goose on the last 2 tours. Loved the return of Mother Road + Dust And Dreams Finale (which includes the instrumental version of the Mother Road chorus). Especially the DD Finale is just some of the most intense and complex music Andy's ever written.
    And my jaw dropped to the floor big time when the final song turned out to be Long Goodbyes, dedicated to Chris Rainbow and Guy LeBlanc. That song was one I had never thought I would hear live from Camel. I had massive goosebumps and apparently something in my eye during the verses when the pictures and video footage of Rainbow and LeBlanc was project on the big screen. The emotion Andy poured in those final two guitar solos was incredibly moving. I really don't know any other guitar player that is able to connect his heart so directly to his playing and create this outpour of emotion.

Camel in Holland yesterday: FANTASTIC,they make my year!

The 7/15 Belgium show is up complete at the Big O site, in pretty nice sound quality

That didn't take long

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

^^^^ The Big O site, please inform??