Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3RDegree Release "ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1" plus FREE Download, European Tour

Hey everyone. Just wanted to update you on some "best of" kudos for Ones & Zeros: vol. 1 and to share a video.

• The Gagliarchives: Tom Gagliardi spent 3, 4-hour shows the last few Saturdays counting down the Top 100 Albums of 2015 (out of 1000+ progressive rock releases) and we came in at #16! Look for playlist 1452 for the top 30. He will have entire top 100 at some point on the drop down menu section.

• Progarchy.com: Founding Father & Editor-at-large Brad Birzer put us in his Top 10 Albums of 2015 saying "A criminally-underrated band. Incredible melodies, fascinating lyrics, and very proggy compositions"

• DPRP's (the Dutch Progressive Rock Page) writers submitted their Top 10's and while we did not make the collective Top 20, 2 writers (Andre De Boer & Raffaella Berry) put us in their Top 10 lists

• At Progarchives.com, we continue to sit solidly at #2 or #3 Album of 2015 for a while now-behind Steven Wilson's Hand. Cannot. Erase. Also, we have 207 ratings/reviews which passes our last album with it's 3 year head start by 20 already just 6 months after release so...that's positive

• See a new interview with us and a review of our album in the new Progression Magazine

• See our half page ad in the new Prog Magazine complete with all the press snippets that mention our album being in their "best of 2015" lists

Here is a taste of a little bit of every song we played at The Summer's End Festival this past October 3rd in Chepstow, Wales UK:

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Robert, when you open with The Socio-Economic Petri Dish, do you play the intro that features my voiceover? You definitely should! that way I can claim I was on tour in Europe, etc.

I watched the 3rDegree Euro Blu-Ray Friday night, BTW. That was a heck of a lot of fun to watch! It was great to see all the venues you played in, see what the audience looked like, etc. the Paris show looked particularly cozy.

Thanks for putting the Blu-Ray together, and in a real BR clamshell too, no less! I appreciate the effort. It was a key part of my holiday viewing this weekend, including such auspicious company as Marillion and Renaissance, and holiday imbibing of some great craft beers. Good times!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 12-20-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Excellent Jed! You have to brush up on your 3RDegree as your VO was in the intro to "Incoherent Ramblings" which we performed only on (most nights) of our 2013 THE LONG DIVISION TOUR. One thing we don't do live on "Petri Dish" is the outro but I'm not going to tell you anything else because you really need to come see us live. Bring the boy! The place we play a lot in northeastern NJ (Mexicali Live) is loaded with craft brews and a great place to see us.

I wish I could do more crowd shots but only Holland had "manned" cameras instead of just fixed GoPros and my "big" long shot camera. Yes, Paris was a small bar (just weeks before and just blocks away from where that American girl got gunned down sitting outside a cafe) but as you could see from what I included they were quite spirited and young! One moment at the end of "This Is The Future" you can here how they sung the ending "oooh" which was so unexpected. This one young guy into us brought a bunch of friends and had them all listen to the new album a bit before attending.

Hey everyone. A few more "year end" best of mentions:

*update* As of midnight December 31, 2015 ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1 is ProgArchives' #3 Album of 2015 bested only by Steve Wilson and Anekdoten

ONES & ZEROS: vol. 1 makes SOT's TOP 50 ALBUMS OF 2015

A Total of THREE writers at the site include us in their Top 10/12 of 2015 with one (Jay Watson) making us his #1 Album of 2015 saying "If I could have listened to only one album this past year (and a gander at my list makes clear what a bumper year it has been) it would have this one." Wow.

Alan Baillargeon puts us in his Top 10 ALBUMS OF 2015

John Simms puts us in his Top 20 ALBUMS OF 2015

Iris puts us in her Top 5 ALBUMS OF 2015

Angelo puts us in his TOP 5 ALBUMS of 2015

Many people have posted their own Facebook "best of 2015's" and we have found as many as we can and put them on our website

The Ones & Zeros: vol. 1...continued Tour
    April 23 (Saturday)
    The Hatbox Theater Concord, NH
    a special "evening with 3RDegree" in a small theater
    w/Mavara

May 6 (Friday)
    The Aspire HotelGettysburg, PA (RoSfest "after party")
    a special "late-night show" with a few surprises

May 19 (Thursday)
    DromNew York, NY
    "An Evening of Progressive Rock" w/District 97, IZZ & Tiles
    TICKETS ($20 standing/$30 seated)

Please note:
    New York will be a shorter set (60 min)
    Concord and Gettysburg will be full sets (90+ min)

Unfinished Business
    So many have asked us to hurry up and finish the second volume of last year's highly successful Ones & Zeros: Vol. 1 and we'd like nothing more, but we got a call from George Roldan from RoSfest (the Rites of Spring Festival in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania) and accepted his invite. As much as making a new album is a creatively fulfilling venture, nothing is more rewarding to us than playing an amazing set in front of our appreciative fan base and possible new recruits.

We are rehearsing for a string of dates continuing on from our Sept-Nov tour last year. On drums will be our original drummer Rob Durham last seen at the ProgDay 2013 pre-show and last heard on Narrow-Caster (2008). He will be with us through all of these live dates. So between honing the set and breaking in Rob, our hands are full. But we are simultaneously writing new music for the next volume of Ones & Zeros, so fear not, Valhalla Biotech fans!

So, about the tour continuing...

• Starting off this Spring's dates on Saturday, April 22nd, is a trip up to New England! Not since 2010 have we been in the area and that was only as north as Hartford. Now we are making it all the way up to The Hatbox Theater in Concord, New Hampshire. If you're from anywhere in New England, please consider coming out to see us as this will be it for a long while. The venue is a freshly built 49-seat small theater usually featuring actual "theater" - The Hatbox presents 3RDegree this night, all made possible by longtime 3RDegree fan and budding Prog promoter Kevin Barrett. Thanks Kevin! Opening up the show will be New Hampshire band-by way of Iran-Mavara!...(who we last saw at ProgDay 2013)

• The apex of the tour arrives on Friday, May 6 at 11:30pm in the Aspire Hotel in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania as festival-goers make their way over after The Strawbs leave the stage at the Majestic Theater. RoSfest is the biggest-attended Prog Rock festival in all of North America.

• Lastly, some amazing American Prog bands descend on New York City to Drom in Alphabet City on Thursday, May 19th! Chicago's District 97, Detroit's Tiles and our ol' friends-NY's IZZ join us for an amazing evening! Although we were in NYC this past summer, the other bands have not been around for a long while. District 97 will be sporting 2 new members and we open the show at 7:30 sharp!

Special note for New Jersey fans: Please consider attending the NYC show on 5/19 as we have no plans to add any NJ shows having just played Mexicali Live and NJ Proghouse just a few months ago.

We hope to see you at one of these shows!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Robert, do you have a schedule for that NYC event? Is there a site with info? Just need to plan that out as its a weekday. there's time, of course.

Tickets here: http://m.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleE...dSelectionData

Info best found at event page in "events" at Facebook.com/3RDegree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Two things.

I'll be on the radio tonight at wemf.com with NEWEars Radio from 9 to 10 eastern since we will be in New England next week.

Also we added a show so our total list of dates is this:

4/23 Hatbox Theater Concord, NH

5/5 10th Street Live Kenilworth, NJ (w/Circuline & Ryche Chlanda)

5/6 RoSfest after-party Aspire Hotel Gettysburg, PA

5/19 Drom NY, NY (w/District 97, Izz & Tiles)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3RDegree's ONES & ZEROS: vol. 1 #9 album of 2015 at DPRP.net!

Not a lot of talk about this but once upon a time this was one of THE polls people cared about. Problem was it came so late into the year (last week) but wanted you all to know Ones & Zeros made the Top 10 albums and also album covers list! Check it out here.

Also, we will be playing an outdoor concert in NJ on Saturday, July 30th with Julie Slick (Adrian Belew's bass player), Markus Reuter (Stick Men), Ryche Chlanda (Renaissance, founder of Fireballet) and members of Circuline. It will be in Branchburg, NJ right next to the big balloon festival while the festival is on! Time: 1-6pm Location: White Oak Park, 235 Baird Road, Branchburg, NJ 08876 (next to tennis courts) Thomas Palmieri (who manages Circuline) will have people over to his home after the show. He lives nearby. RSVP via email at tom@nicjoy.com

Details on Facebook here.

Congrats!

Ones & Zeros is a really good disc. I recently went back and listened to it again and still enjoy it a lot. Listening to Circuit Court now actually.

Thanks aith01! I've just re-read this entire thread on the one year anniversary of Ones & Zeros: vol. 1's release (7/7/15 at our label). Quite extraordinary a year we've had. A LOT of ups and a few downs too. Can't complain overall as we've really added to our legion! Even in adversity like the "Summer's End Bass String Fiasco", we had many (even in this thread) who rallied and are now fans.