Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3RDegree Release "ONES & ZEROS: Vol. 1" plus FREE Download, European Tour

I'm stuck...... in a circuit board....... I can't get out....... wow, look at all the CAT videos.....

Thank you Nick for..."remedying" that!

BTW everyone, Greg's review above can be seen at ProgArchives and anyone who feels like saying 100+ words about it can help us gain notice over there. It remains the only place for casual reviewers to weigh in "officially" with something that "lasts"-whatever you think of the website as a whole. Many people have told us that they first heard about us over there so who are we to argue!

So I've probably heard this 20 times by now - and I still can't figure out how it keeps sounding "different" each time. I'm guessing that it's a combination of a LOT of little subtleties in the song that take a while for my ears to grab onto plus an awful lot of not-what-you'd-ever-expect changes in the songs - but they're still hooks. Really a feat of writing!

Thanks Greg! I remember you being concerned that we possibly weren't keeping a "layered" sound in our new work (or something like that) so I guess we've allayed your "fears"! There's the demo and all those ideas, then our rehearsing and refining, replacing/"real" recording and then the last 6 months or so when George (usually) does some last minute "magic" trying to look at the tracks more as a producer than a vocalist/keyboardsist/percussionist. Somewhere in all that we may get ourselves into trouble as a live entity because our serving of the song might go beyond what we can pull of on stage but we really don't hold ourselves back from fleshing out a song because of fear of not being able to produce it live.

I finally had a chance (in the middle of moving) to listen to all of "Ones".

I have both Narrow Caster & Long Division and like both of them a lot. I flat out love where you guys have gone, Rob! This is really interesting music (an adjective that's getting harder & harder to use). Once I'm moved on August 1st and certain that the USPS won't F-up as it has done to me in the past, I'll be ordering this, since I signed up for the t-shirt perk when I ponied up to the band's crowd funding site.

Also had an email exchange with my friend Credo Colton yesterday, and I told him to take good care of you guys when you're there!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thanks so much Stephen! You are the second person to attest to Marc being a mensch prior to me meeting him. We've messaged a bit since we're playing 3 shows before the festival together and will need to share gear. This whole year is getting really surreal with the tour being well planned but still scary cuz you never know what will happen on air travel with big keyboards and musicians showing up in foreign countries etc...and now with the album getting such love from everyone.

Some fantastic press coming in. If you're so inclined you can join in at Progarchives with your rating and better yet-75+ word review:

PROGARCHIVES (various reviews/ratings)

Raffaella Berry's Fire Of Unknown Origin

Progarchy

DPRP blog

Color me intrigued about this new one. It's on my radar now.

Hey airth01! If you're not ready to commit to an entire album, I've recently made a sampler of 4 songs to download for free. Hope you can check it out. If you wanted to hear the entire new album, it's at 10Trecords.com.

http://3rdegree.bandcamp.com/album/3...e-free-sampler

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Some great reviews! I got my preorder in a couple of days ago.

Your package is ready Jed but since you didn't get it at 10Trecords.com, you'll have to wait I promise you will have it by the official release date on 8/18 though.

I can't believe you didn't know we had a new one coming. Tells me 2 things. 1. People need to be on our mailing list and with a current email address and 2. Facebook doesn't really show our posts to people who like us most of the time-unless we pay.

Now of course, you Jed, may not be on Facebook very often too! We/I've become very anal in getting people's email addresses lately.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Oops! I forgot about that. Sorry, 10T. I've been getting used to having new stuff in my Bandcamp collection so just went with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Oops! I forgot about that. Sorry, 10T. I've been getting used to having new stuff in my Bandcamp collection so just went with that.
    No problem, Jed! But for future reference, when you buy any new release from 10T, you can almost always get it up to a month earlier than anywhere else, in a variety of download options, while typically paying less and still ensuring the highest possible percentage of your money goes to the artist. Oh, and we even offer music on an archaic physical CD if you choose...

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Archaic physical CDs are still the choice for nostalgic Luddite archaic physical specimens, Steve.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by 10T Records View Post
    No problem, Jed! But for future reference, when you buy any new release from 10T, you can almost always get it up to a month earlier than anywhere else, in a variety of download options, while typically paying less and still ensuring the highest possible percentage of your money goes to the artist. Oh, and we even offer music on an archaic physical CD if you choose...

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    The only reason I ordered from Bandcamp instead of 10T is I like having as many releases as possible in my "collection" on the Bandcamp app. I know, most artists allow you to stream on Bandcamp whether you purchased or not, but not all do, and the app prompts you to buy after a certain number of plays.

The download price is so low I assumed I'd made a mistake and ordered a sampler or something at first (I'm not complaining!). Cool to see they're coming to Europe and not that far away either!

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Hey airth01! If you're not ready to commit to an entire album, I've recently made a sampler of 4 songs to download for free. Hope you can check it out. If you wanted to hear the entire new album, it's at 10Trecords.com.

http://3rdegree.bandcamp.com/album/3...e-free-sampler
    Thanks Robert! I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by eadric View Post
    The download price is so low I assumed I'd made a mistake and ordered a sampler or something at first (I'm not complaining!). Cool to see they're coming to Europe and not that far away either!
    When you come see us in Europe, feel free to get a CD to upgrade from that cold mp3 download!

FYI, our album was recorded at 24bit/44.1khz and mastered through lots of warm analog gear to 24bit/44.1khz which translates into the FLAC and ALAC downloads available at 10Trecords.com

Hey I really liked the song This Is The Future. Very nice track.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Hey I really liked the song This Is The Future. Very nice track.
    The single version of that track is available 100% free of charge at the following link:

http://10trecords.com/store/3rdegree...free-download/

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by 10T Records View Post
    The single version of that track is available 100% free of charge at the following link:

http://10trecords.com/store/3rdegree...free-download/

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    Thanks! Just "purchased" and downloaded it.

Sampled some of the tracks and I'm sold. I will be ordering this one.

Actually bought The Long Division back in spring 2012, but I haven't listened to it in a couple years probably (I remembered liking it though). This has prompted me to revisit that one, and I will be checking out Narrowcaster now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Thanks! Just "purchased" and downloaded it.

Sampled some of the tracks and I'm sold. I will be ordering this one.

Actually bought The Long Division back in spring 2012, but I haven't listened to it in a couple years probably (I remembered liking it though). This has prompted me to revisit that one, and I will be checking out Narrowcaster now as well.
    Glad to hear it! Although we seek to improve upon previous efforts it's always fun to mix up the set list and revisit songs from our past and we will be playing selections from all these albums on our upcoming tour. If you like one album you're likely to get something out of the rest. Glad you're going back 2 albums airth01. Now on to our 2 90's albums if you really want to check out our ancient history. Strangely, both of those are just about out of print-at least the physical. We're talking about making more of them soon with slightly different running orders.

See 3RDegree's new video for the single "The Best & Brightest"-the second from ONES & ZEROS: vol. 1!

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    See 3RDegree's new video for the single "The Best & Brightest"-the second from ONES & ZEROS: vol. 1!
    Sounds great, Robert. I'm looking forward to picking up a copy if the CD soon.

Excellent John. So glad you'll be "sticking with us"!

BTW, we've added a new show in Paris, France and are awaiting the announcement of two more shows near our home base. The total list here:

Ones & Zeros Tour 2015

Sep 12 Bestbar NYC USA
    w/The Yellow Box, Anton Roolart, John Galgano & IZZ members, PiXPRNC

Sep 20 't Blok Nieuwerkerk aan den IJsel NETHERLANDS

Sep 24 das Rind Rüsselsheim GERMANY
    W/Neo Prophet

Sep 26 Bar Baroc Paris FRANCE

Sep 27 The Talking Heads Southampton England UK
    W/Credo & Introitus

Sep 29 The Musician Leicester England UK
    W/Credo & Introitus

Sep 30 The Bedford London EnglandUK