Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's a fact, Kanye cannot sing!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    IIRC, they were indeed Armenian, but were Armenian Jews.

At my age, iirc is a bit extended.
    iirotec

If I Recall Over the Eons Correctly
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Actually, Kim is the perfect celebrity. She doesn't sing, she doesn't act, she doesn't tell jokes, she doesn't model, she doesn't do a damned thing. She's famous for being famous, and that's it.

But at least we know what artist should paint a portrait of her, although she'd have to go to the south of France to sit for him. She has the perfect figure for the guy, and she even looks a bit like Devil Girl, one of his more famous creations. And being married to Kanye, she could certainly afford whatever he'd charge - in fact, he might even paint her for free, just in exchange for a piggyback ride.

Jon Neudorf
    I wonder when this thing will be shut down? Has made for some amusing reading though.

Regards,
    Jon

I can't see why this thread would be shut down. Kanye is perceived as either a pathetic joke or a brilliant musician????

If this is not on the main board, then compared to a plethora of political and theological jousts that did need to be closed, and were, this is quite harmless.

Kanye and The Armenian Ass are thought of by a majority world-wide as f*****g vapid cartoons.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    But at least we know what artist should paint a portrait of her, although she'd have to go to the south of France to sit for him. She has the perfect figure for the guy, and she even looks a bit like Devil Girl, one of his more famous creations. And being married to Kanye, she could certainly afford whatever he'd charge - in fact, he might even paint her for free, just in exchange for a piggyback ride.

If this is not on the main board, then compared to a plethora of political and theological jousts that did need to be closed, and were, this is quite harmless.
    Which threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Actually, Kim is the perfect celebrity. [...] she doesn't act [...] she doesn't model, she doesn't do a damned thing. She's famous for being famous, and that's it.
    IIRC, she actually has appeared in a few films - without acting as such. I also believe she has modelled on some occasions, although I can't really see how come.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I think this thread is very enlightening, without this board my attention would never have been directed towards the facts:
    Kanye cant sing
    The butt's surename is armenian but her heritage is armenian/turkish/russian possibly with a (or not) jewish ancestor who changed his surename from Saghatel Kardaschoff to Sam Kardashian
    Glad its on the main board

Happy Birthday Lino.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

It's a prog butt, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Which threads?
    If you expect a 70 year old that's had the last year that I've had to remember the specific names of threads from 2 or 3 years ago, then I apologize, as it's not going to happen.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm waiting for the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    It's a prog butt, that's for sure.
    And it seems to keep evolving.

Kanye West once declared himself the smartest man in the world. If so, why would he subject himself to that pathetic display? Even if he used the crowd to bail him out. Not very smart, if you ask me. He still looks pathetic. I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He's got himself so far out in the public eye that he can't even bump into a street sign without being ridiculed.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

If you expect a 70 year old that's had the last year that I've had to remember the specific names of threads from 2 or 3 years ago, then I apologize, as it's not going to happen.
    why, I oughtta…!

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Kanye West once declared himself the smartest man in the world. If so, why would he subject himself to that pathetic display? Even if he used the crowd to bail him out. Not very smart, if you ask me. He still looks pathetic. I kind of feel sorry for the guy. He's got himself so far out in the public eye that he can't even bump into a street sign without being ridiculed.
    There is a story about Joe di Maggio going to a bar with a friend, and the friend, realising that no one appeared to have recognised the famous boxer, said "Tell 'em who you is, Joe." To which Joe replied "If you gotta tell 'em who you is, you ain't."

I think something like that applies here. If you really are the smartest man in the world, it shouldn't be necessary to inform people of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    There is a story about Joe di Maggio going to a bar with a friend, and the friend, realising that no one appeared to have recognised the famous boxer, said "Tell 'em who you is, Joe." To which Joe replied "If you gotta tell 'em who you is, you ain't."
    Perhaps driving the point home - Joe DiMaggio was a baseball player, not a boxer.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Perhaps driving the point home - Joe DiMaggio was a baseball player, not a boxer.
    As you say, driving the point home.

My excuse is the association: Joe di Maggio -> Mrs Robinson -> Simon and Garfunkel -> The Boxer.

A couple of years ago Kanye was headlining a major hipster festival in Finland. After the festival, the weekly supplement of the biggest Finnish newspaper published an article on their website with the headline "listen to Kanye's set from last weekend for free". It contained a link to an mp3 of a crummy speech synthesizer repeating the words "I am Kayne West" [sic] in Finnish over and over. I found this very amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Suggesting this jackass can "sing" is like suggesting a wheelbarrow is the same thing as a Ferrari.

I hope you don't mind, I'm going to have to steal that.

Kanye and Lil Wayne really need to put a band together.

I'm sure they would sound almost as great as Ted and Dougal: https://youtu.be/rsISf1HW_nU?t=125

Jeff Beck: "Check, please!"

Suspended
    In further breaking news today, the Pacific ocean has been found to contain water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I kind of feel sorry for the guy.
    I don't.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"