Thread: Marco Minnemann: Celebration

Marco Minnemann: Celebration

This album is flat out amazing. It's astonishing that one human being can be this flipping talented. He plays everything on the album...the compositions are superb. A bunch of different genres are given some space here. His vocals are excellent!. The guy is a freak. I have some of his earlier work, and to me it can be a bit frenetic. This is a lot more grounded if I can use that word. If you're on the fence, jump off, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    This album is flat out amazing. It's astonishing that one human being can be this flipping talented. He plays everything on the album...the compositions are superb. A bunch of different genres are given some space here. His vocals are excellent!. The guy is a freak. I have some of his earlier work, and to me it can be a bit frenetic. This is a lot more grounded if I can use that word. If you're on the fence, jump off, you won't be disappointed.
    You got that right. I have been really playing the hell out of it. Eeps was amazing too as well as Symbolic Fox Eeps is still my favorite though. Killer stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    You got that right. I have been really playing the hell out of it. Eeps was amazing too as well as Symbolic Fox Eeps is still my favorite though. Killer stuff.
    He's been an automatic buy for me for a few years now. So talented.
    Last edited by ytserush; 07-15-2015 at 08:17 PM.

I have seen Marco twice. 2011 with U.K. and 2 nights ago with The Aristocrats. He was mind boggling both times.

Saw The Aristocrats last night at Slim's in San Francisco. This is my second time seeing them. They played the entire new album, plus
    some of their "back catalog." Marco commented he likes to layer loads of different instruments and sounds when he writes songs, which is
    why he puts out solo albums. He played drums and keys at one point. He did a sick drum solo, nothing out of the ordinary for him.

Like a fine wine --- this is getting better and better with every listen. I love that moment when all the chaos clicks into place - and you become "familiar" if you will. Damn this is a great album. Marco is a maniac.

Like a fine wine --- this is getting better and better with every listen. I love that moment when all the chaos clicks into place - and you become "familiar" if you will. Damn this is a great album. Marco is a maniac.
    It's great isn't it?

^^^Yes, it is! Total mind blower for sure.

Symbolic Fox is an excellent album... one song I always loved is Desert Tornado. Check out this girl doing a cover on drums. Wow... a tough one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV4rIphNVto

She has a few other great ones on her youtube page too. I love seeing kids into this music and even playing it!

Symbolic Fox is an excellent album... one song I always loved is Desert Tornado. Check out this girl doing a cover on drums. Wow... a tough one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV4rIphNVto

She has a few other great ones on her youtube page too. I love seeing kids into this music and even playing it!
    Thanks!

I'm heartened that there is hope for our future. I've seen dozens of School Of Rock shows as my son's friend was in it for a few years and some kids really get it (the spirit) and others never really connect with the music.