Thread: PROG Magazine Awards

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

PROG Magazine Awards

Not really a fan of these but thought I'd post it as MoeTar & Trojan Horse are nominated & could use the support.

ROSfest is probably the first US Festival to get a nomination (though I voted for the KC tour)

Vote away!!

http://awards.prog.teamrock.com/vote
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I see they are including 'A Formal Horse'.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Yeah, I've been meaning to pick that up for a while, nice to see the recent UK scene getting nominations.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

errrrrr!!!!...

Passssssss
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Hugues, why can't I vote for Jan Kuijken as either 'Visionary' or 'Prog God' or 'Guidelight' or or 'Prog Knob' or 'Prog Cock' or something? I really feel it's time that this groundbreaking and indeed visionary journal honors Kuijken once and for all.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Hugues, why can't I vote for Jan Kuijken as either 'Visionary' or 'Prog God' or 'Guidelight' or or 'Prog Knob' or 'Prog Cock' or something? I really feel it's time that this groundbreaking and indeed visionary journal honors Kuijken once and for all.
    prog dork, actually!!

Just seeing that Lucassen dude receiving a prize actually totally discouraged me to look any further in the poll nominees
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Yes -and I'm glad to see someone else on here likes them too -I love both their ep's and find their songs very catchy - a perfect mix of intelligent rock and great vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Just seeing that Lucassen dude receiving a prize actually totally discouraged me to look any further
    I had the exact same experience. Total friggin' cheezefest, and precisely not what contemporary wannabe-progressive rock needs as indicator.

I'd go with Kuijken, tho'...
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Awards voting is open again for this year with Knifeworld nominated twice plus Bent Knee, Rosfest, King Crimson & Magma

http://2016.prog.awards.teamrock.com/

Vote early & vote often
    Ian

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    prog dork, actually!!

Just seeing that Lucassen dude receiving a prize actually totally discouraged me to look any further in the poll nominees
    I had the exact same experience. Total friggin' cheezefest, and precisely not what contemporary wannabe-progressive rock needs as indicator.

I'd go with Kuijken, tho'...
    You guys should just skip this, and instead cast your votes for the awards show that that big Avant Prog magazine is hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You guys should just skip this, and instead cast your votes for the awards show that that big Avant Prog magazine is hosting.
    Is Kuijken nominated there?

Those Magmas plus sure make for some good measures there amongst all the Kscope exciters. But Danny Thompson got the 'Squire Virtuoso' award last year? Too bad Graham Greene didn't live long enough to receive the honorable Wilbur Smith prize. Both wrote sorta books or texts.

Hey guys,

Have you heard Circuline's new album, "Counterpoint"?
    It's available on CD Baby, Amazon, and iTunes.

Here's the weblink (no app required) to stream it on Spotify:
    https://play.spotify.com/album/3Rnzgq6qNaIkAQ4X9qVWp5

PLEASE check out the new album for FREE, then cast your vote for Circuline:

http://2016.prog.awards.teamrock.com/vote/limelight

Thank you so much!
    Andrew Colyer

Is Kuijken nominated there?

that's actually Flemish top-40 stuff

I only voted in about 2 categories as I hadn't heard of most of the artists mentioned!

the 'good ol' boys' pattin' themselves on the back eatin' their mayo on wonder bread and drinkin' their milk
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Voted. Wanted to get one in for Bent Knee!

Why is this magazine so obsessed with Tesseract?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Voted. Wanted to get one in for Bent Knee!

Why is this magazine so obsessed with Tesseract?
    They probably pay for a lot of advertising.
    Ian