Thread: Royal Hunt - in particular their Paradox album

Royal Hunt - in particular their Paradox album

I had heard of this Danish (singer is American DC Cooper) band, had heard a little bit of their music over the years and knew they were pretty good. Recently, I noticed they are playing ProgPower this year and playing their Paradox album in its entirety. Better check this one out I thought.

I have now listened to the record a number of times in the past several weeks and it is fantastic. Some will not like its pop-infused vocal harmonies and choruses, but the songs and performances are great and there are lots of nice proggy elements.

The whole thing is available for streaming on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by txprog View Post
    I had heard of this Danish (singer is American DC Cooper) band, had heard a little bit of their music over the years and knew they were pretty good. Recently, I noticed they are playing ProgPower this year and playing their Paradox album in its entirety. Better check this one out I thought.

I have now listened to the record a number of times in the past several weeks and it is fantastic. Some will not like its pop-infused vocal harmonies and choruses, but the songs and performances are great and there are lots of nice proggy elements.

The whole thing is available for streaming on YouTube.
    I always had mixed feelings on this band. Some of their stuff I really liked and some not so much. "Paradox" is for the most part a strong album. Never seen them live although D.C. did perform with Shadow Gallery at ROSfest 2 years ago.

Paradox is their only good album. But, it is truly fantastic!

I much prefer their later albums and singer. Saw them once, great live band!