Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Who here is still releasing new music?

I'm still out there plugging away

Finished an EP as a gift to my partner for her birthday last week. She is happy to have me share it with others. Not terribly proggy, more orchestral than anything, but I'm still darn happy with it and happy that she loved it. I think this is the "anchor" tune so maybe folks here won't hate this too much.

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post

Finished an EP as a gift to my partner for her birthday last week. She is happy to have me share it with others. Not terribly proggy, more orchestral than anything, but I'm still darn happy with it and happy that she loved it. I think this is the "anchor" tune so maybe folks here won't hate this too much.

Beautiful stuff John! The piano sounds fantastic! As does the rest of the orchestration.....love it! Can't wait to hear the rest of it!

Quote Originally Posted by pstrawser View Post
    Beautiful stuff John! The piano sounds fantastic! As does the rest of the orchestration.....love it! Can't wait to hear the rest of it!
    Awww damn, thanks Pat. Means a ton coming from you The whole EP is actually available via a link in the description because apparently I love being obtuse...but here's a more direct link for the curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG-T9ls3ZRg

(Also, on a more personal note, I still owe you a reply to your last email...it's been a bonkers morning around here! )
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Beautiful. Would do great as a soundtrack. Very interested to hear the rest of the album. What instruments did you use? I like the sound in the opening.

I'm currently working on an old composition. Did it for video-art with 4 tracks played by a Roland TB-303, which I had to start at the right time, everytime. It was connected with my Roland System 100 Model 101 and partly just functioned as a sequencer. Still had the sheet-music of the sequencer-tracks and the chords.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 2 Days Ago at 11:54 AM.

Awww damn, thanks Pat. Means a ton coming from you The whole EP is actually available via a link in the description because apparently I love being obtuse...but here's a more direct link for the curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG-T9ls3ZRg

(Also, on a more personal note, I still owe you a reply to your last email...it's been a bonkers morning around here! )
    No worries dude....same thing around here!

Ooooooh yesssss.....dude I did find the link to the whole EP mere seconds after posting this! So nice man! Very chill and relaxing....perfect for a rainy day down here in the south! And the sound design/production sounds exquisite! Need to pick yer brain! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by pstrawser View Post
    So nice man! Very chill and relaxing....perfect for a rainy day down here in the south! And the sound design/production sounds exquisite! Need to pick yer brain! Well done!
    Again....HUGELY flattered and grateful for the kind words, sir

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Beautiful. Would do great as a soundtrack. Very interested to hear the rest of the album. What instruments did you use? I like the sound in the opening.

I'm currently working on an old composition. Did it for video-art with 4 tracks played by a Roland TB-303, which I had to start at the right time, everytime. It was connected with my Roland System 100 Model 101 and partly just functioned as a sequencer. Still had the sheet-music of the sequencer-tracks and the chords.
    Always happy to hear something new from you! Looking forward to it already

The synth tone that is kind of prominent at the start is something simple I whipped up in Cherry Audio's Sines; it morphs very gradually throughout the song but mostly stays in the background to be honest.

The remainder of the song is an assortment of different stuff: many of the choir and percussion parts are from Spitfire libraries. The primary strings were Omnisphere (while I think Spitfire's individual string instruments are excellent, I think other tools like Omnisphere offer better large ensemble pads). I think the piano is the Arturia Piano-V (I initially tried using one of the Spitfire piano libraries but found they didn't sit well in the mix). Oh, and there are bits of the Cherry Audio GX-80 and Lowdown in there as well, patches that I threw together to get the job done.

And thanks for your kind words as well!!

Again....HUGELY flattered and grateful for the kind words, sir

Always happy to hear something new from you! Looking forward to it already

The synth tone that is kind of prominent at the start is something simple I whipped up in Cherry Audio's Sines; it morphs very gradually throughout the song but mostly stays in the background to be honest.

The remainder of the song is an assortment of different stuff: many of the choir and percussion parts are from Spitfire libraries. The primary strings were Omnisphere (while I think Spitfire's individual string instruments are excellent, I think other tools like Omnisphere offer better large ensemble pads). I think the piano is the Arturia Piano-V (I initially tried using one of the Spitfire piano libraries but found they didn't sit well in the mix). Oh, and there are bits of the Cherry Audio GX-80 and Lowdown in there as well, patches that I threw together to get the job done.

And thanks for your kind words as well!!
    I ment that percussive sound, that sounds a bit like the percussive sound in Save a prayer from Duran Duran.

I need to think of an ending for the new version of the old piece. Originally it was just cut of when the video ended.
    I'm using quite some Cherry Audio and Arturia stuff in it:
    Cherry Audio CA2600
    HALion Sonic Ionica Sketch
    Cherry Audio Miniverse
    Arturia Mini V3
    Cherry Audio PS-20 (2 tracks)
    Cherry Audio Mercury 4 (2 tracks)
    Cherry Audio Synthesizer Expander Module
    Arturia Analog Lab V (Yamaha DX7)

Ah, ok! It's from a Spitfire library: Cinematic Percussion if memory serves

Yes... I usually do instrumentals only, since I can do it all myself, but I made an exception here