Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1502

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Yep, last Sunday's epp was unusually good. And Yves, spot on brother.

Other than the shit title, I too, like the spinoff. Looking forward to that coming back.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

At least in the spin off they're still afraid of the Walkers. In the original series, the Walkers are like huge mosquitoes that need to be swatted away because they're a nuisance.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    At least in the spin off they're still afraid of the Walkers. In the original series, the Walkers are like huge mosquitoes that need to be swatted away because they're a nuisance.
    ...except for when they need them to be more dangerous than a nuisance.

I was rooting for the redhead,

Besides another hottie biting the dust, I agree that this was a kick-ass episode. The strategy with the walker obstacle course blocking the hall in the slaughterhouse was awesome.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

No comments on this week's episode? I thought it was pretty good, although I hear the character who died is different from the comic.

SPOILERS

OMG, poor Denise, she got "thunked" (My version of the sound an arrow makes as it enters the back of your head and exits out your eye). I liked this episode and obvious they were trying to do a handful of things, show the evolution of some characters to more "survivor" mode, teach those firmly entrenched in survivor mode that all types of people have value, bring back Dwight, and have Carol run away - which seemed like such an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    SPOILERS

OMG, poor Denise, she got "thunked" (My version of the sound an arrow makes as it enters the back of your head and exits out your eye). I liked this episode and obvious they were trying to do a handful of things, show the evolution of some characters to more "survivor" mode, teach those firmly entrenched in survivor mode that all types of people have value, bring back Dwight, and have Carol run away - which seemed like such an afterthought.

I liked the episode, for the most part, but didn't like the direction they appear to be going in with Carol. Leaving the community does not seem to be either rational or likely, based on the character as she has been developed. Living alone in that world is suicidal. After all, you do have to spend roughly 1/3 of time unconscious and defenseless. I feel like this is just a plot device to draw Important People out of the community so that they can search for her, and in the course thereof, encounter Neegan.

Agreed. Her leaving now makes no sense at all. She was cast out a couple of seasons ago, found her way back, was accepted/forgiven, and now she leaves? She leaves because she can't kill anymore and thinks she will have to kill less on her own?

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Agreed. Her leaving now makes no sense at all. She was cast out a couple of seasons ago, found her way back, was accepted/forgiven, and now she leaves? She leaves because she can't kill anymore and thinks she will have to kill less on her own?
    I don't think she has a problem killing, undead or not, but rather a problem killing on others' behalf - specifically Morgan.

I think she's just leaving to become Neegan's prisoner in the season finale...

Yup, they need someone to become the patsy for the end of season, and now that they are comfortably in this new walled community the show needs something to draw them back out again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I dunno, but I'm getting a little tired of humans killing humans. Granted, Carol was awesome a couple episodes ago, but I would like to see the show go back to raw survival and our heroes depending on each other instead of brutal wanton murder. I was pretty upset about Denise because that arrow came during her shining moment. I was really happy for her, and then THWUMP. I think I may skip this Sunday's episode. I don't care who they feel they need to kill, but I miss the old days early in the series when they were bonding in the woods, not the "mercenaries" they have now become.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

The show is getting long in the tooth. It's hardly about the zombie's anymore, except when there are hundreds of them attacking.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

It didn't.

As far as this week's episode, I was pretty disappointed. I can deal with the occasional "not much happening this week" episodes when they do interesting things with character development. But, I don't count 180-turns from Rick and Carol to be "developments" - more like just messing with previously-established continuity to suit the demands of the episode. They've wrecked the Carol character and I guess Rick is breaking bad for no reason whatsoever, so that they can bring down a world of pain on him next week and it will be tolerable to the core audience, as he'll be perceived as needing a come-uppance.

Sending all the main characters outside the compound simultaneously has always struck as intelligent as when Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Scotty would all beam down to a planet together...And WTF is up with Carl? I don't think he's had more than a handful of scenes all season long. I thought they would bring his character along and turn him into a hard ass like his old man.

^^ He's depressed after losing his eye and is considering suicide which will be a main plot point in a future episode to raise awareness of the plight of one-eyed teens.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I missed yesterday's episode. I don't want to see some spoilers right now. LOL.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I saw the barbed wire bat. If they stick with a certain excerpt from the comic, a major character is going to end. And end brutally.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Hope this isn't too much spoilers - but we briefly see Maggie keeling over in pain. Here are some options - should we start taking bets?

A: Just cramps from eating too many pickles
    B: The kick she received in previous episode has started pre-mature labor
    or
    C: The kick actually killed her unborn kid, and now it's turned

Peter

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    Hope this isn't too much spoilers - but we briefly see Maggie keeling over in pain. Here are some options - should we start taking bets?

or
    C... or a miscarriage.

[QUOTE=Proglodite;543620]Hope this isn't too much spoilers - but we briefly see Maggie keeling over in pain. Here are some options - should we start taking bets?

or
    C: The kick actually killed her unborn kid, and now it's turned[/QUOTE=proglodite;543620]

B.

I just hope she survives cause I kinda got a thing for her... She didn't really do it for me before but she's kinda hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post

or

Peter
    She's *probably* too popular to kill off. But you raise an excellent point about at what stage of development a fetus could be where it would become zombified (though without teeth I'm not sure what it could do).

One of those things where you're probably best off not trying to think too much about it.

It does make you wonder why they went with the premise that people can become zombies by a death that is unrelated to contact with an existing zombie.

Well we've seen several main characters in real trouble this last episode. There was a shot and blood spatter in that lst scene with Daryl. Was it him shot or him doing the shooting? Sounded like his voice at the end.

Then there's Carol who has wandered off leaving a blood trail.

The boys are captured.

Maggie is obviously having problems with her pregnancy, and there's no doctor anymore.

Anyone could bite the big one. Glen has escaped it a few times too many so far, but he is too obvious a choice. Nobody wants to see Daryl killed. Carol is my likely suspect, she's outlived herself and changed in a big way, though her survival skills are still there.