Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1502

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

This show always follows this pattern. Spin in circles with individual stories until you get to the semi-big finale/cliffhanger and then wait until next year. Rinse, repeat.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

At least they avoided the cliché of having Daryl stumble across the pair who stole his bike half-eaten by walkers. I thought for sure the rocket launcher was going to go when the soldier fell!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

So can we expect a catfight between Rosita and Sasha?

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    I'm more interested in that than whether whiny, oops I mean Glenn, is still alive!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    I'm more interested in that than whether whiny, oops I mean Glenn, is still alive!
    Who do you think that "Help!" came from at the very end of the episode?

Who do you think that "Help!" came from at the very end of the episode?
    It's already been confirmed that it's not Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    It's already been confirmed that it's not Glenn.
    Where? I watched Talking Dead and they didn't debunk it.

Where? I watched Talking Dead and they didn't debunk it.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/15...-606-interview

I'm taking his word for it, anyway.

Do you think they're gonna waste that much JELL-O to settle this?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

No wasting foodstuffs! Good ol' rollin'-nekkid-in-the-dirt will suffice.

Ok, that happened. I thought it kinda stupid when it was theorized but on film it wasn't so bad. Or I could possibly be lying to myself.

Enid needs to have her head slapped. Foolish girl is going to get herself killed, or worse.

Was I the only one who didn't get the falling timber? I kinda figured it out when the building fell over but was definitely slow on the take.

The note on the toilet paper. Damn, that was sad.

Morgan is a idiot. How could he not know Ninja Carol would be onto his tricks?

I used to be really good at the shoot-em-up alien game Area 51: Site 4 and I was nowhere near as good a shot as Tara was. Seriously, I could get into all the extras and win them but she was Arnold in Commando good.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Ok, that happened. I thought it kinda stupid when it was theorized but on film it wasn't so bad. Or I could possibly be lying to myself.
    It seemed very implausible, based on the rules the show has set up for itself, concerning the zombies. Or maybe not. The zombies often seem to be incredibly aggressive and/or strong when they need to be, yet also weak and ineffective when that better suits the plot.

The part where he gets under the dumpster, I could buy. But that the walkers wouldn't be constantly trying to pull him out from under there; that he'd be able to just slide out from under and proceed to make all sorts of noise yelling back and forth with Enid without drawing any was very weak indeed.....Where did they all go? The alley was packed with them....

It was far-fetched - that the zombies were so pre-occupied eating the guy on top of him that Glenn was able to crawl out from under him to the dumpster, without a scratch - but so be it. Is there really that much room under a dumpster though?

Interesting how Rick's plan to lead the zombies out of the quarry and away from the town has totally backfired.

It seems to me that if they really wanted to get out to a car and drive the zombies away from the town, they could do it with that tunnel Maggie went through. Bring enough men and guns and they could get through. Would also be a good escape now if they go that route.

I hate that the seasons are so short, broken into two halves. Totally lame that The Talking Dead is on an hour later after the steam-punk show.

Glen's escape under the dumpster was no more far-fetched than that rickety wooden tower teetering over and bringing down a reinforced steel wall. I'm no engineer but given the way that thing fell, it should have just broken off when it hit the wall.

It seemed very implausible, based on the rules the show has set up for itself, concerning the zombies. Or maybe not. The zombies often seem to be incredibly aggressive and/or strong when they need to be, yet also weak and ineffective when that better suits the plot.
    Again, weak writing plagues this show more than the zombies. I've seen these rules broken again and again. None of these writers have ever sat down and really thought this world through but then again, why should they? It's a massive hit so just churn out the same stuff over and over.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Glen's escape under the dumpster was no more far-fetched than that rickety wooden tower teetering over and bringing down a reinforced steel wall. I'm no engineer but given the way that thing fell, it should have just broken off when it hit the wall.
    NO kidding. That thing looked old. And it was hollow. Oh, well!

No surprise whatsoever on Glenn making it out of there. FWIW, he's probably the only male character (besides Carl) who could squeeze underneath that dumpster. And yes, the zombs would all be trying to get under there. But that's the quality of the writing on the show.

Also, I have to say the coolest moment, by far, of last night's episode was Tara flipping off Rick. About time somebody jai alai'd his shit right back at him.

Sadly, Morgan is a far less interesting character now that he's a regular. They've really dropped the ball when it comes to writing him.

I hope a bunch more Alexandrians bite it because it was nice to finally see (and hear) Michonne and especially Rosita again. The core cast has taken too great a backseat to the noobs.

I hope a bunch more Alexandrians bite it because it was nice to finally see (and hear) Michonne and especially Rosita again. The core cast has taken too great a backseat to the noobs.
    Abso-F-ing-lutely!

They should never take much time away at all from the main cast, but this season it seems like they were just part-time help.

I have a feeling Daryl has been downplayed for a very specific reason.

I'd like to know how Glenn has become such a muscled beast when all he gets to eat is whatever pudding Coral leaves him. He really has beefed up a lot since the show started.
    For the sake of ending arguments before they start, yes, I know it's a TV show and he lives a real life outside of acting. The question was rhetorical. It's just one of those things that sticks out.

Daryl won't be killed off. Usually characters get emphasized before they get axed. Something may happen to any of the core cast — I'm pretty sure Carl's next — but they won't be flat-out killed.

Now, if Eugene were to be killed, and that idiot Gabriel, that would be grrr-eat!!

Eugene's idea to go to DC is what will save them all in the end... It's the only reason he's still on the show, imo....

Daryl won't be killed off. Usually characters get emphasized before they get axed. Something may happen to any of the core cast — I'm pretty sure Carl's next — but they won't be flat-out killed.

Now, if Eugene were to be killed, and that idiot Gabriel, that would be grrr-eat!!
    True, but I think this time they realized that the "If Daryl dies we riot" contingent of the fanbase got him so built up then killed him, that their reaction would make a zombie apocalypse look tame.

I think they've minimized him in order to weaken the impact of his pending death, but Kirkman, Nicotero and Gimple will still be able to stand up and say, "See! No one is safe."

Daryl has no arc to follow anymore. He needs to be cut loose and his tired Legolas "I will always shoot arrows even at close range" shtick ended.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    True, but I think this time they realized that the "If Daryl dies we riot" contingent of the fanbase got him so built up then killed him, that their reaction would make a zombie apocalypse look tame.

I think they've minimized him in order to weaken the impact of his pending death, but Kirkman, Nicotero and Gimple will still be able to stand up and say, "See! No one is safe."

Daryl has no arc to follow anymore. He needs to be cut loose and his tired Legolas "I will always shoot arrows even at close range" shtick ended.
    I'm not of the contingent you mention, but I think that there's about as much chance that they kill off Daryl as there is of killing Rick. He's very popular, especially with the coveted female fan-base, which is a big reason why this show is such a ratings juggernaut. So few cable shows draw well from both and TWD is the most popular cable show on television among women.

The calm of Alexandria is going to be transitioned to a time of greater peril, and those are the kinds of episodes where he's used more. Michonne is essentially a female Daryl, and note that we haven't seen a lot of her in Alexandria, either.

I intended to mention this earlier but forgot: does anyone else think the townspeople were right when they thought Rick's herding plan was an insane idea? No, he couldn't have predicted the guy laying on the horn in the truck, but what was the end result? Alexandria is now surrounded by a couple thousand walkers. And, btw, what did he say last night about taking their time and not making hasty decisions? Is he contradicting himself or what?

I've come to the opinion that Rick needs to be put down. I don't find him an interesting character anymore, especially with his "my way or the highway" mentality. And then you'd have the added advantage that intelligent decisions could be made by a coterie of Darryl, Carol, and Michonne.

Of course, this would all be contingent upon the writers making intelligent decisions themselves. lol
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

The whole show needs to be put down. Season 7 should be the last one. It's already run too long imo... Breaking Bad was what, 5 seasons? It mops the floor with TWD! I'm just hanging on now to see it through until the end but there were better things on TV last night than TWD. I was flipping from it, to the football game, to the Habs hockey game. I wish they'd move TWD to Fridays... There's never anything on Fridays...

You could always record it or get in OnDemand or whatever to watch on Friday.

I dropped the comic after feeling it was being drawn out way too slowly. The show has been feeling that way. But I'm hanging on, too, because I just want to see everyone die by Carol's worthy hand, with her becoming Queen of the Dead. Or something equally ridiculous and unlikely.