Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post

Also interesting that nobody ever seems to make use of body armor or even protective suits, despite the huge benefit that they would provide in terms of safety.
    Before each episode airs, there should be a disclaimer stating that " suspension of disbelief required" and "drinking heavily is mandatory".

What really has bugged me from the start is that no one seems to mind walking around with highly infectious zombie blood all over their faces ,.

Hell, I wont even go into a Wallgreens without a thorough Purell hand sanitization!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I had to look up how Tara got into a coma from last season. And then I realized I hadn't seen Rosita. Did anyone else notice her? Was she assigned to help protect Alexandria.

Would make perfect sense to try to kill them right then and there, right?
    Considering the number of shots/blows to the head, that seems like an overwhelming task. But, yeah, you're thinking along the same lines as I am... again (it's starting to freak me out. )

Also interesting that nobody ever seems to make use of body armor or even protective suits, despite the huge benefit that they would provide in terms of safety.
    They did that in season 1 and/or 2, didn't they? I never understood why they quit doing that. Hell, go to a sporting goods store and loot all the hockey and football gear and you're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    I... was thrown off when the first scene was in B&W
    I probably wouldn't have minded the flashbacks so much if there had been less of them. But yeah, at first I was thrown a bit and then thought, "okay, I'm going to have to wait to see how this all plays out. " And, yes, I think I actually rolled my eyes.

The horn from Alexandria has to be the angst-ridden teen.
    Based on the previews, I think Alexandria has been attacked and the horn is a call for help. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I would be surprised if any of the writers had any background in science fiction or fantasy. There's absolutely no "hey, what if" to the characters survival skills, nothing inventive, nothing creative.
    Yeah, Darryl and Michonne are about the only ones, aren't they?

Alexandria specifically has a group known as The Construction Crew. We had an episode with them using heavy equipment. I get it, with this shows ratings why try any harder but man, there's so much potential for awesomeness and they just phone it in, recycling plots and relying on someone to fuck up to advance the plot. Anyone would have looked at that quarry and thought, "that's a shitload of zombies. Zombies are dumb. Zombies are slow. We can make this thing so nothing can get out and then herd in even more undead. We can stack them halfway up to the rim. They haven't got the coordination to climb anything, especially cliffs or a steep grade. Bulldoze the fuckers in."
    Yep. I've come to the conclusion that the writers won't dare do anything that makes the characters seem really smart because then the show loses the element of tension. If everyone wore armour and they brainstormed ideas instead of just relying on one guy's insane plan, there would be no excitement because there would be little chance of anyone getting bitten/eaten. You're right. The writers have either gotten lazy or they're just not that imaginative to begin with... or both.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    What really has bugged me from the start is that no one seems to mind walking around with highly infectious zombie blood all over their faces.
    Yeah, but is it actually infectious if everyone already has the virus? That's the part that I've given up trying to understand: if everyone is already infected, how does getting bitten cause a person to become one of the undead? Was this explained and I've forgotten?

Can someone explain this to me?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

just go with it..., like the writers.

just go with it..., like the writers.
    I also like how when a zombie gets on top of someone, there seems to be a physical struggle that is roughly the same as if an actual live person was holding someone down. Most of the zombies in TWD have been turned for a long time and are emaciated husks of a person - most look like they weigh not much more than 100 lbs; the women considerably less. The characters should be able to throw them off themselves fairly easily - much like they do when both zombie and person are standing (when on their feet, they plow through the zombies like they're made of paper mache).

I also like how when a zombie gets on top of someone, there seems to be a physical struggle that is roughly the same as if an actual live person was holding someone down. Most of the zombies in TWD have been turned for a long time and are emaciated husks of a person - most look like they weigh not much more than 100 lbs; the women considerably less. The characters should be able to throw them off themselves fairly easily - much like they do when both zombie and person are standing (when on their feet, they plow through the zombies like they're made of paper mache).
    Yes... and the zombies seem to have very soft skulls yet the rest of their bones never lost their density?

How long can a walker go without any sustenance of any kind before just dying out?

I think they should have found a way to set that entire quarry ablaze. It would have drawn in other walkers who would have jumped into the flames...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

When I saw Ethan Embry, I knew he wouldn't last past this episode. He went out like a chump.

I only wish his character's name had been Nick Papagiorgio.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    I only wish his character's name had been Nick Papagiorgio.
    That is where I knew that guy from!

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Oh yeah? What about the dead who wear loafers eh? WHAT ABOUT THEM?!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Oh yeah? What about the dead who wear loafers eh? WHAT ABOUT THEM?!
    Aren't the dead shoeless in the morgue? Maybe he means tying the toe tags together.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

When the episode started yesterday I thought I'd missed something. There were no walkers invading Alexandria. I then figured out that the episode was about what was happening in the compound while the others were herding the walkers. A decent episode but I'm getting the feeling that this series kind of reached a plateau in season 4. I'm sticking with it but I'm not as engrossed as I was a few season back.

I thought last nights show was a jumbled mess.

Ninja carol had us all laughing.

It was called "JSS" and the opening showed us how Enid made it to Alexandria, and she kept writing "JSS" everywhere but I must have missed the part where they explained wtf "JSS" is...

Ninja carol had us all laughing.
    Dude. Carol was the best thing about last night's episode. She finally let her killer instinct out of its cage. I hope Morgan steps it up. Letting those guys go is going to come back and bite him in the ass, Jaws-style!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It was called "JSS" and the opening showed us how Enid made it to Alexandria, and she kept writing "JSS" everywhere but I must have missed the part where they explained wtf "JSS" is...
    On the note she left Carl at the very end, she wrote: JUST SURVIVE SOMEHOW. (Up till then, I thought the episode was named for Jeff Scott Soto. )

All I know is the Zoey the RN from "Nurse Jackie" is now a doctor in the Walking Dead. Congrats to Zoey.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post

On the note she left Carl at the very end, she wrote: JUST SURVIVE SOMEHOW. (Up till then, I thought the episode was named for Jeff Scott Soto. )
    Gotcha!

I found the weight they wanted to give to the meaning of JSS to be kind of BS, particularly this far into the apocalypse. Duh, you want to survive, no real surprise there.

But the rest of the episode was pretty good. Alexandrians finally found out how ugly it truly is, many doing the real survivors a favor by happily jumping onto ready pitchforks and laying down to patiently await dismemberment.

Curious how, when Morgan mentioned choices to the Wolf at the end, that the guy said they had no choice doing what they're doing. Looking forward to finding out who managed to collect and control a group of marauding psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Dude. Carol was the best thing about last night's episode. She finally let her killer instinct out of its cage. I hope Morgan steps it up. Letting those guys go is going to come back and bite him in the ass, Jaws-style!
    I agree about Carol. But Morgan letting them go was stupid beyond belief. I understood his point last year about killing indiscriminately, but those fuckers last night had already killed. In a zombie apocalypse, Old Testament vengeance is more than justified. Besides, how does he know they're not going to come back and kill again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    But Morgan letting them go was stupid beyond belief.
    I don't understand why he's now written this way. He's not "The Dude," there's no reason to be "zen" about it all. The Wolves weren't just killing, they were hacking innocent people into chunks of meat. Fortunately Carol offed a good number of them, but Morgan sending the last five* off with a cookie sampler made no sense. And then the main thug picks up a gun? Morgan's look was like "Uh..."

*Hopefully he had an epiphany while fighting the lurker in his house.

Curious how, when Morgan mentioned choices to the Wolf at the end, that the guy said they had no choice doing what they're doing. Looking forward to finding out who managed to collect and control a group of marauding psychopaths.
    Well, there's yet another Big Bad lurking in wait from the comics so I assume that's who is controlling the Wolves. Same Kirkman plot device as before, wash, rinse, repeat. But yeah, a decent episode. Morgan sending off the last five, including one with a gun was the usual WD idiocy. Can't advance a plot here without it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Have you ever noticed how there are never 2 people with the same name? I mean, what are the odds that they never encountered 2 Steves ,Johns, or Marys.... And where are all the Asians and/or Arabs? Wouldn't they encounter at least one guy with a turban or one woman with a niqab?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Morgan sending off the last five, including one with a gun was the usual WD idiocy. Can't advance a plot here without it.
    Well, Morgan probably couldn't take all 5 of them at once with a big stick. So, he scared them into running by the threat that more are coming and with guns. My guess is those five will run into the herd of zombies heading their way, and the one guy who stole a gun will get through.

And where are all the Asians and/or Arabs? Wouldn't they encounter at least one guy with a turban or one woman with a niqab?
    Glen is Asian, and in the"Fear" show there were Asians. Perhaps in rural Georgia there is not a lot of ethnic diversity, which they are covering in "Fear". But yeah, would it hurt to have a Jewish guy complaining all the time?

Glen is the ONE Asian guy that made it out of a city the size of Atlanta? And yeah... they should have a 3rd show based in NYC with say, the cast from Seinfeld trying to fight off walkers while making their way to the Monk Deli!