Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Thread V.3

SPOILERS - Written in black, so avert your eyes!

Good comments on the two girls, one is a psychopath and the other a normal, very scared little girl. That group, with Tyrese, Carol, the girls and Judith, and now the newcomers, has the most potential for an interesting story.

Glenn has it all together despite a desperate situation. The entire scene inside the prison as he gathered supplies, almost fell asleep and wandered was suspenseful! I was on the edge of my seat waiting for a walker to appear out of nowhere!

Maggie is a little out of control, but Sasha recognizes the safety in numbers. I wonder where they'll proceed now that they've discovered Glenn was not on the bus.

The Daryl and Maggie's sister group is awesome and is the perfect pairing to continue to facilitate Daryl's emotional growth.

All in all, the second half of the season is shaping up nicely after two episodes.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    More Lizzy clues in that last episode. She killed the rabbits, same as the rats at the prison. Then she tried to kill the baby to save themselves. I'm telling you, Lizzy killed the two people at the prison that Carol took the heat for - because Carol taught Lizzy how to use a knife. Now, how convenient that Tyrese is paired up with Lizzy & Carol.
    Yeah... just a *bit* "convenient." Too bad the writing reverted to form after the excellent first episode. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't watch this show for the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I have to keep reminding myself that I don't watch this show for the writing.
    Really?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I watch for the violence and distopian mayhem. For discussions of quality writing, meet us over at the True Detective and Game of Thrones threads.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Yeah... just a *bit* "convenient." Too bad the writing reverted to form after the excellent first episode. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't watch this show for the writing.
    For the last two weeks I have watched “Walking Dead” back to back with HBO’s “True Detective” (they are on at the same time, so I watch one live then watch the other on DVR afterwards). Although I love “Walking Dead” watching these two together really points out how middle of the road both the writing and acting are on the show. I mean, it is not terrible, but it is not even close to the same level as most HBO stuff.

More Lizzy clues in that last episode.
    walking dead - lizzie2.jpg

Yeah, I agree.... I don't watch the show for the story and acting. I watch it as some sort of morbid curiosity, and I have a fondness for the genre having grown up with the original zombie movies - which, the show emulates extremely well. They didn't hold back, and that holds a lot of weight with me.

My only guilt about watching the show, is the gun glory / gun culture aspect of it... I'm not into that at all.

Yes, I'd like the show much better if there were more spears. cmon...if there were zombies around, you'd gather up all the guns possible.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I watch for the violence and distopian mayhem. For discussions of quality writing, meet us over at the True Detective and Game of Thrones threads.

There's a thread devoted to True Detective??? Where do I sign up?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Loved tonight's episode, bristling with suspense & horror.

Best season so far imo.

Son of a dick!

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Loved tonight's episode, bristling with suspense & horror.

Best season so far imo.
    They're going back to basics - the whole "what's behind this door?" thing that many monster movies are premised on. But doing it in a way that they couldn't do in the first season or two, before the audience knew the characters.

They're going back to basics - the whole "what's behind this door?" thing that many monster movies are premised on. But doing it in a way that they couldn't do in the first season or two, before the audience knew the characters.
    Yeah. I like where it's going this 1/2 season. I thought the first 1/2 with the flu outbreak was extremely lame and drawn out. Though, I did like the back story on the Governor, I think they should have just started there, and cut out the whole flu outbreak.

Yeah. I like where it's going this 1/2 season. I thought the first 1/2 with the flu outbreak was extremely lame and drawn out. Though, I did like the back story on the Governor, I think they should have just started there, and cut out the whole flu outbreak.
    I didn't have a problem with the flu story per se, but it would have been more interesting, IMO, if they had tied this to the governor in some way - say, maybe have his first settlement after he was attacked get killed off by a swine flu or something, and make it so that we find out that he wanders back to the prison and plants a couple of infected pigs there or contaminates the water. It wouldn't even be all that contrived, by comparison to some of the things that the writers in this series have done. Like, for example, capturing Herschel and Michonne and allowing a very short speech be all it takes to motivate a group of otherwise non-threatening people to use their lives as currency to wage war on a community of people who did nothing to them!

I think the flu was good for the show, in the sense that it showed how vulnerable the community was - all the efforts in the world to keep the existing zombies out can't prevent attacks from within as soon as somebody dies.

I forgot about the flu.

I thought last night's episode was one of the best episodes they've had in all 4 seasons. Rick stuck under the bed was suspenseful. It was also cool how he opened the door to the bathroom after killing the guy so that when the guy turns, he'll attack the other dudes.

I also thought the creepiest moment of the series was Michonne walking into the pink bedroom.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I agree that the Pink Bedroom was indeed quite creepy. But on the Talking Dead they agreed that the most frightening thing was Eugene's mullet.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    If that scientist dude knows how the zombie plague happened or how to stop it, he'd BETTER tell some other people in case he gets killed. Duh!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The chick who's the lesbo sister of the woman the Governor was with, and the new chick who was introduced last episode, need to go at it now.

I need to write some Walking Dead fan fiction...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The chick who's the lesbo sister of the woman the Governor was with
    She has quite the pair of jiggle.

Took me three days to finally get to this episode - too busy at night.

One of the best episodes of the series with two of the three story lines knocking it out of the park! Rick's sequence in the house was incredibly suspenseful and well shot. The under the bed scene when the camera angle changed perspectives, tres magnifique!

I also liked the bonding Michonne/Carl scenes and the "pink room" was the creepiest scene so far.

I felt the Glenn scenes were most exposition to move that story along and hope for some great stuff from that group in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    If that scientist dude knows how the zombie plague happened or how to stop it, he'd BETTER tell some other people in case he gets killed. Duh!
    He's a loon. He thinks he's smarter than everybody around him but made the poor choice to shoot an automatic weapon when he could have jogged a hundred feet. Zombies aren't going to drive away in your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    He's a loon. He thinks he's smarter than everybody around him but made the poor choice to shoot an automatic weapon when he could have jogged a hundred feet. Zombies aren't going to drive away in your truck.
    I kinda thought the same thing but chalked up his choice to just wanting to shoot an automatic weapon at zombies.

He has a mullet, give him a break.