Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Progressive Ears community

Hello Progressive Ears community

Hi everyone!

I wanted to start a thread and introduce myself: I am Mara, from Chicago, a lab manager by day, super villain by night. I need a catchy name... Harley Queensryche? Crimson Witch? Magma is already taken. For now Mara Sonus will do, since I work with this wonderful band and I love them to bits! But, suggestions would be fun.

Speaking of Sonus Umbra, I also want to post the link to their Indiegogo. They are planning on celebrating their 25 years of existence with a new album, which will be a masterpiece in my unbiased opinion, and with an unforgettable live show that will use projections on multiple screens and sound effects, along with all the new stuff and some old favorites.

Please, take a look at the campaign, and if you like it and like what you hear, consider donating - any amount helps! Or share with friends, family, colleagues, other music lovers you know, anyone who you think would be interested in helping. It all makes a tremendously positive effect, and we are all eternally grateful!

This new album...you won't be disappointed. Cheers, friends!

p.s. I have a friend who calls me Gogo Yubari (from Kill Bill). I secretly love it!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n...0836479#/story

Hi! Are you the girl that sang with them at ROSFest and did the after hours show?

No, that's Brittany Lee Moffitt. The girl in the video. And she absolutely rocks!

I was at RoSfest selling merch. And RoSfest was a blast! Did we meet?

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Welcome aboard!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Thank you! It's very nice to meet you. And nice to be here.

Welcome, Mara. Were you at the band's table at the show in the Regent Theatre in Arlington, MA, last year? I did buy the Might Could CDs from Luis. Great show.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I was not in MA and I can't tell you how I regret it! I had to work, or something or other of little consequence.

I heard the show was great, I've seen Might Could shows and they don't disappoint. Maybe we meet at another fest, one I won't miss this time.

Hello Mara! New prog friends in Chicago is always a good thing. Hope to see you "out there".

Quote Originally Posted by Mara Sonus View Post
    Hi everyone!

I wanted to start a thread and introduce myself: I am Mara, from Chicago, a lab manager by day, super villain by night. I need a catchy name... Harley Queensryche? Crimson Witch?
    Hi Mara, send me a ticket to fly to the windy city & I'll come and help you with whatever you want

Welcome to PE.

PeterG, you can be my sidekick. The "G" stands for Get-me-to-Chicago-asap!

Tell Luis to put down the quesadillas and pick up a rice cake every now and then!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

No, that's Brittany Lee Moffitt. The girl in the video. And she absolutely rocks!

I was at RoSfest selling merch. And RoSfest was a blast! Did we meet?
    Ah ok. sorry, just couldn't really remember from the picture. (I'm at work, haven't watched the video yet) Yeah we did meet- I'm Fred from Glass Hammer. Good to have you aboard! Yes, Brittany was fantastic!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Welcome aboard
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yves, does banana bread count?

Yves, you bastard! How the hell are ya? When will i get to see you? Do i have to lug around Sonus Umbra all the way to Montreal? Because you know i will. You can't hide from me! Salut, mon frere!

Gordo - please assist me in making a significant effort to protect Mara from the frothing PE jackals!!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I've been feeling mighty comfortable here so far, but it's nice to know you got my back, Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Gordo - please assist me in making a significant effort to protect Mara from the frothing PE jackals!!
    Been a while. I assume most things remain the same? lol! Gonna have to get up to Madison this summer.

Road trip Mara?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Being compared to Gogo Yubari tends to dampen the ardour a wee bit...

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I need a catchy name... Harley Queensryche? Crimson Witch? Magma is already taken. For now Mara Sonus will do, since I work with this wonderful band and I love them to bits! But, suggestions would be fun.
    The Fire Witch, in reference to "In the Court of the Crimson King," would be a cool username, imo.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Welcome to prog's little home on the Internet, Mara.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Hello!

Beware, DO NOT be fooled by the GEEZ he is nothing but a dirty old man
    Have the band play ProgDay this year and see how he really is!!
    Welcome aboard, nice to have a pretty face around these parts, I do hope to see this band play live at least once, come on ProgDay??

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Nasser View Post
    Yves, you bastard! How the hell are ya? When will i get to see you? Do i have to lug around Sonus Umbra all the way to Montreal? Because you know i will. You can't hide from me! Salut, mon frere!
    If you bring it, I will come....

Wasn't there some talk about you doing some sort of city swap concert event with Karcius? I guess that fell by the wayside. Not sure what is happening with those boys these days.. You'd have to maybe twist Robert's arm a little to have you guys play here. I know he's not doing any sort of shows in Montreal anymore...

Doing fine, to answer your query. This place hasn't been the same without your pugnacious yet insightful posting....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Whoo, where do I start?...

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Nasser View Post
    Been a while. I assume most things remain the same? lol! Gonna have to get up to Madison this summer.

Road trip Mara?
    Abso-freaking-lutely! I love road trips. Who wants to join? Montreal too?...

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Being compared to Gogo Yubari tends to dampen the ardour a wee bit...
    Because I like school-girl uniforms, not because I carry around a ball and chain with retractable blades. I'm nicer than that. My ball has no blades. You?

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    The Fire Witch, in reference to "In the Court of the Crimson King," would be a cool username, imo.
    Love. It.

Thank you very much Scott Bails, Phlakaton, and HONDO. And thanks for the heads-up, HONDO, I'll know to pay special attention to Geezer.