Thread: Cherry Five – Il Pozzo Dei Giganti (2015)

Cherry Five – Il Pozzo Dei Giganti (2015)

Anyone heard it yet? opinions?

Don't love it

More Neo than retro, and it doesn't have the Squire like bass of the original LP

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I was listening to the 1975 self titled LP last night and was struck by how great it is. Didn't they turn into Goblin?
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    I was listening to the 1975 self titled LP last night and was struck by how great it is. Didn't they turn into Goblin?
    "Cherry Five" never existed, it's just a fantasy name to cover the Goblin identity. Actually it's Goblin's debut Album (but was released later).
    (of course they exist now )

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post

Sure is a sweet little album. Something about it reminds me of the early Yes albums, with more varied keyboards
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

There's a live Version of Country Graveyard from the new line up on their Facebook page:

https://it-it.facebook.com/cherryfiveband

This came out of the blue - I wasn't aware they're back! The most unexpected reunion of the year?

Need to investigate the new album, but that long-forgotten LP from mid-1970s is one of Italian prog's unsung classics IMO. And I really enjoyed watching the "Country Graveyard" video. Oddly, the vocalist seemed to me the weakest link there (although he's one of the original members), but instrumentally this was a top-notch performance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    "Cherry Five" never existed, it's just a fantasy name to cover the Goblin identity. Actually it's Goblin's debut Album (but was released later).
    (of course they exist now )
    I was listening to Goblin's Roller yesterday and in the liner notes it says they sold over a million copies of it which really surprised me. Also it says the bass player plays electric bass and ripper bass whatever that is.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I need to own a physical copy of this and I can't find a single store. Where can I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    I need to own a physical copy of this and I can't find a single store. Where can I get it?
    CD ain't released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    Digital only?
    Nope there will be a CD (have seen it as promo). The digital stuff is totally new for Black Widow, they just
    started it with this release.