Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery - Delusion Rain - New studio album - Release fall 2015

Mystery - Delusion Rain - New studio album - Release fall 2015

curious on how they sound with their new singer jean pageau,and i love mystery ,so its another autobuy for me

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I was eager to find out how they sound with the new singer when the band was scheduled to open for the Neal Morse Band in Montreal, but alas...

mystery are one among my fav bands,and their album beneath the veil is one among my all time fav albums

so i am pretty excited about new releases from them,but it looks like im in an extreme minority here.

Not many comments yet, but I am a fan, loved Tales from the Netherlands, and The World is a Game, I will miss Benoit David from this band, he did a good job, under what I guess were very trying times overall. Looking foreword to the new CD.

I like Beneath The Veil, at least some songs. The next one after that had some interesting material as well. Didn't think the last one was particularly interesting.

Very much looking forward to the release. Mystery is one of my favorite bands.

Auto-buy! CAN'T WAIT!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I am currently loving Tales from the Netherlands, which I picked up from Michel at the merch table at the Neal Morse show they were scratched from due to the border debacle.

A promo video for their current tour. So you can hear their new Singer

https://youtu.be/EiyRUcVJWrU

If I were Mystery, I'd rename the band to "Yes-II", or "Yees", or something similar. Why not? They singer used be a "Yes member" ? They can take much more money pockets of from "Yes fans"

Seriously: excellent band, and Benoit is an excellent singer. Those French guys always have something special in their music!
    As a grumpy cheap man, I just hope that, unlike their other CDs, this one will be available for less than usual $18-$22: CAD is cheaper now than USD, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Booba Kastorsky View Post
    If I were Mystery, I'd rename the band to "Yes-II", or "Yees", or something similar. Why not? They singer used be a "Yes member" ? They can take much more money pockets of from "Yes fans"

David is not in the band anymore.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

And I find that sad. I loved what Benoit did in Mystery. If anyone ever doubted his talent based on his years in Yes, take a listen to Mystery. Excellent band.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

So far i really like what i have heard from their new Singer Jean pageau . To My ears he sounds fairly simular to benoit david . Looking forward to the album

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This sounds good. I'll have to check out Mystery.

Michel St.Pere, who is the writer and leader of Mystery, is one of the nicest, genuine people you'll ever meet. Kay & I had a few chats with Michel (& his wife) over the years. A superb guitarist, he is also the president of Unicorn Digital Records.

Very underrated band, and they make the pompous extremely palatable.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Sounds like Mystery, for sure. I go hot and cold on them. I like the sound, the production is solid, but the songs don't jump out at me the way they should. Although the title track from "One Among The Living" got a LOT of repeat plays with me; very emotional with a powerful buildup.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

I attended the release concert for "Tales From The Netherlands" in the same venue as where the album was recorded (Boerderij Zoetermeer, The Netherlands). This was with Jean Pageau and he was really great. I was expecting to be disappointed because I liked Benoit's vocals so much, but Pageau equalled Benoit in is heydays.

One among the releases i am most excited about this year

That sounds great! Might have to pick this up.
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

And a 10 minute sampler from the album here
    https://soundcloud.com/unicorndigita...edium=facebook

Sounds very promising to My ears

Great . Total autobuy for me