Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery - Delusion Rain - New studio album - Release fall 2015

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    Great . Total autobuy for me
    What he said

Haven't listened to the samples, don't need to. Ordered!

Saw these guys live, when they had Benoit David, and they were very good. Tight, and good-sounding live band. I think I have their whole catalogue, apart from the compilation album....
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Who is the producer/engineer? I love the sound of the production. The balance of elements is phenomenal.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Who is the producer/engineer? I love the sound of the production. The balance of elements is phenomenal.
    Michel St-Père is the producer.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    After listening to some downloads I sourced online I preordered this and also ordered all the ones I had downloaded, from the band's website - they should be on their way, or I guess the will be when the new one comes out. They're really good!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    After listening to some downloads I sourced online I preordered this and also ordered all the ones I had downloaded, from the band's website - they should be on their way, or I guess the will be when the new one comes out. They're really good!
    yes they are among the best out there in todays scene imho

Glad to see all the love for Michel and his band. He's been working this for a long time now... I wish I was a fan but this brand of prog leaves me indifferent. I have known Michel as an acquaintance for many years now and he's truly one of the nicest and humblest guys you'd ever meet. In fact, I had a client named Gary Savoie. His name was vaguely familiar but I didn't know from where. I knew he liked to sing but mostly in trib bands... One day, I came across one of the early Mystery records and saw his name. I asked him if he knew Michel (or Mike) and he told me he was once in a band with him. He was really surprised that I knew all about Mystery and even more surprised to find out the band was still active and making some headway on an international level. His singing career never went anywhere... he wasn't into the prog thing all that much which is why he never stayed on with Mystery.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Ya know, I have 5 (or 6?) Mystery albums & even though my tastes have changed (I will not say "evolved" - different strokes & all that), I will still buy this from the band. I'm happy to do it to support a dedicated man like Michel.

Also, listening to what's available in this thread, for the first time I felt like Michel,who IMHO has been questing for this (either consciously or subliminally) for a while, has gotten further than most in duplicating Gilmour's tone.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    What is the release date? I'll try to pick it up when I go to Montreal for PFM in late November.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    What is the release date? I'll try to pick it up when I go to Montreal for PFM in late November.
    Amazon is showing November 20th, although I expect mine before that, as I ordered directly from the band. I'd guess you'll have no problem finding it in Montreal by then. Freeson Rock will most certainly have it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Just got my shipping notice e-mail. Should have it sometime next week, looking forward to it!

Yves opined: "I wish I was a fan but this brand of prog leaves me indifferent."

It's interesting how bands such as Mystery and M!ndgames are "retro- Neo-Prog." I like that if it's well done. Can anyone suggest any more GOOD retro-neo?

Can anyone suggest any more GOOD retro-neo?
    Give a try.

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/201560.php#navigator

Old man of prog
    For all those interedted, "Delusion Rain" is now up on Spotify and Tidal. Have not checked but assuming it's on Apple Music as well.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Do you mean s specific band or the DPRP in general? Definitely a good source for neo prog info!

Quick review from the first four songs: It's Mystery. It's pretty much the same sound as the last three albums. The new singer even sounds like Benoit David. If you'd told me it WAS him after all, I'd believe you.

I like "If You See Her" and "The Willow Tree" has a pretty nice structure. The rock jam in the middle of that song is very engaging. But by now I think I pretty much know their sound inside and out. It doesn't really change, on the whole.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Do you mean s specific band or the DPRP in general?
    For now, I meant the US band Navigator and their recent album.

For now, I meant the US band Navigator and their recent album.
    Thanks, will check it out. American Neo-Prog? I guess that's what the first Echolyn was, sort of.

Thanks, will check it out. American Neo-Prog? I guess that's what the first Echolyn was, sort of.
    Personally, I never liked Echolyn - I always prefered to listen to Scapeland Wish (especially, their masterpiece "Reason").

Personally, I never liked Echolyn - I always prefered to listen to Scapeland Wish (especially, their masterpiece "Reason").
    Wow, I remember the name but never heard them.

Wow, I remember the name but never heard them.
    Since you are fond of Echolyn, you should appreciate the music of Scapeland Wish as well.

Anyone listen to the album yet? I've been enjoying it.

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 11-09-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Anyone listen to the album yet? I've been enjoying it.
    It's rather good... Although it doesn't reach the splendour of "Beneath the Veil of Winter's Face" or "The World Is A Game"