Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother USA - Season 17

Regarding this week. I think it was very smart of Audrey to sit back and "play dead". She needs to chill out and let the heat move to someone else. It'll be interesting to see whether Shelli puts her up or leaves Da'vonne up there (assuming she doesn't win Veto). If Audrey doesn't go up, it should create some interesting drama between Shelli and Becky.

I'll start with the voting: Everyone knew it was Audrey up to her usual tricks and has brushed it off. No one cared and it's been eating at her, because last night she tried to bring it up again. No one was interested in discussing it and she looked very obvious.

This Aussie and UK versions do air almost daily. And their hosts are much more entertaining than Julie Chen. She's every bit the Chenbot people call her. Emma, from the UK, is a blast, and she actually calls house guests on all of their stuff. Puts them on the spot and makes them squirm. We also get to see a lot of their Diary Room sessions, which are much more involved than what we have in the US. The couple of Celebrity UK seasons we watched were also pretty fun.

I liked Gary from BB Canada 1, but not many of the rest. The house mentality where everyone was supposed to vote how the HOH wanted, and no one really tried to fight that made for a very predictable and boring season. Much like BB16 was with Derrick shutting down all game talk and keeping everyone on the same page.
    But some of the gimmicks the production team used were fun and interesting. The only real conflict happened on finale night when Topaz cast the wrong vote and cost Gary the win.
    Just didn't have the time to bother with seasons 2 and 3. Didn't really care either.

I do wish our players were given more tasks and challenges during the week.

Usually the women and smaller guys do well in endurance. Too much muscle always makes it hard for the guys because they're too heavy and strain too much earlier. John and Steve had taken to being trained by Clay and Austin. Good idea for any upcoming endurance games. Vanessa and Becky work out a lot. Austin never stops working out or stretching. He's almost constantly in a state of exercise.

The feeds haven't been worthwhile really so far, because they never wake up until noon or later, then mull about all day, only becoming active after midnight. Then they go to sleep around 7am. Hard to find anyone that's posted times of interest to view with the Flashback feature since fewer viewers are up all night to catch things.
    At least they're cheap this year and you can get more CBS content, since it's included with the all-inclusive CBS Access pass for $5.99 a month.

Since there's no spoiler tag feature on this site, I'll abstain from putting up and spoilers from feeds. But it always makes me shake my head that what is shown on TV rarely tells the actual story of what's going on in the house. However, there is a growing division in the house, so the cowardly vote-with-the-house crap might end sooner than usual. There are so many alliances that have already come and gone, and that are fake, it's ridiculous. Should become interesting when numbers reduce a little.

My take on all the people so far:

Jace: Loud and obnoxious. Glad that he's gone.
    Jackie: Wallpaper. She's nice and all, but she's not joining in on much where the game is concerned. It's still early though, and she seems competitive. We'll see.
    Jeff: Trying too hard and fast to control the game. He's also a horrible perv.
    James: Decent enough and has his head in the game...when he's also not making sleazy comments to the women.
    Austin: Much better without Jace. I like him. He's very perceptive and has reduced his target for now. He's working closely with Vanessa and Liz/Julia.
    Vanessa: Kind of sketchy. She doesn't seem to read people as well as you'd expect from a high-profile professional poker player. I don't like the game she's playing.
    Da'Vonne: Fun and funny. But she's already played out her game. No one wants to really work with her anymore and she's almost certainly going on Thursday.
    Meg: Great social game. She can go far with it, but people are on to her and can see that for themselves.
    Jason: Funny as hell. I wanted to dislike him from his introduction video, but in the house he's very entertaining. He's very comfortable in there and has a good sense of humor. Another great social gamer who should go far.
    Clay: Kind of a bimbo. He's as much HOH right now as Shelli is, and they have both drawn lines this week and are have made themselves much bigger targets in the eyes of many of the other players.
    Shelli: Completely unlikable and boring. She has HOH brain in a bad way this week. You'd think someone in her 30s would be a little more grounded, but she's let her ego get the better of her. Still, she can probably go far if she can avoid the backlash of her HOH for a week or 2.
    John: More wallpaper. He's just kind of there. No real game, not much of a social player. He just is.
    Steve: He really is awkward and uncomfortable to be around and makes everyone nervous. An odd duck for sure.
    Becky: Nice, and very boring. But she's fit and will be fantastic in physical challenges, and likely in mental ones as well.
    Audrey: Just plain terrible. Both as a person in that house and a player, she is just terrible. I honestly do believe she has some kind of mental instability. She does not play well with others. She is very difficult to be around since she only talks about the game. No one trusts her at all and they all want her gone. It's just that they know she can't really damage them anymore that they are keeping her, while getting out people they know can hurt their game.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Regarding this week. I think it was very smart of Audrey to sit back and "play dead". She needs to chill out and let the heat move to someone else. It'll be interesting to see whether Shelli puts her up or leaves Da'vonne up there (assuming she doesn't win Veto). If Audrey doesn't go up, it should create some interesting drama between Shelli and Becky.
    I know the answers to all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    I know the answers to all of this.
    LOL! Yeah, and I know it's easy to find out if I want to. Some weeks I'll go onto the forums and blogs and find out what's happening. I usually do it closer to the end of the season when things are more intense. Right now, I don't really care yet and I'm happy to wait until Wednesday night to find out. I don't mind spoilers, but I think that there are others here who do so thanks for not posting what you know.

As far as your take on people. That's about how I see it too...and I'm not watching the feeds or reading the blogs. I'm just going from what I see on TV. I really like Jason, Austin, and Liz/Julia.

Is it just me or does Liz/Julia look like Lisa Kudrow (Pheoboe in the show Friends) and Becky looks Hilary Swank (but not quite as pretty). Meg looks nothing like Taylor Swift (as James claims)!

I can kinda see the Kudrow connection. I don't think I see the Swank, though.

Seeing as this is a music forum, I always cringe at the music choices of the house guests. They always have horrible taste.

Is it just me or does Liz/Julia look like Lisa Kudrow (Pheoboe in the show Friends)
    I can see that.

I first thought she resembled Debbie Matenopoulos.

I wonder if this season's game play will slow down. I'm not complaining -- HELL NO! I'm a bit shocked at how much action is happening. Mama Day is a character this week, that's for sure!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    I can kinda see the Kudrow connection. I don't think I see the Swank, though.
    I'm just the opposite, actually.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I constantly question myself on why I continue to watch this show. I think without live feeds I'd have given up. But they do provide some entertainment. Just a damn voyeur junkie I reckon.

It's just with something so insanely bad as Battle of the Block ruining any possibility of surprise, the weeks are even more predictable than ever. One large voting bloc that sticks together runs the season. You know who is going up and who is going out before Sunday. It's all decided by the time POV is completed on Saturday, and laid out in preliminary plans within an hour after the 2 HOHs are decided.

Here is some interesting 'news' from TMZ… you can read it there. I have edited out the name of the female, as to not give it away and any possible spoilers, but you can go check -- there's even video:

"Big Brother" has a sticky situation ... after houseguest Jeff appeared to masturbate, and then wipe his semen on houseguest xxxx's back.

The incident was caught on the live feed Thursday night -- Jeff and Julia were lying in bed ... he seemed to be pleasuring himself under the covers while talking to her, and then joked about putting "it" on her.

Hard to tell EXACTLY what happens, since it's all under covers -- but viewers believe the jerk was real. Social media is blowing up with people pissed that CBS let this go down ... or on.

It's unclear if this will be addressed on Sunday night's broadcast ... but you gotta figure.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3fVIYE9X9

EWWWWWWW! That's gross. What a pig.

Jedi Howie and Mike Boogie had "The Jack Shack" in the backyard. Remember that?

I just tried to view After Dark and it is unwatchable!

It is not in HD. They stretch the screen. Commercials run rampant.

I did notice a lot of cussing allowed. Especially *F* words.

However, the worst violation are the constant bugs on the screen. They are trying to promote the social media aspect so there are tons of questions and instances where BB wants you to vote or choose a favorite and add a hashtag # to identify. When they do this it then covers 1/3 of the viewing screen so the stretched out video now is even more of a problem to view!

Sorta rally liking this season!

Johnny Mac -- would love to see him get his revenge. Although. I favor the SixSense alliance.

Austin is fine; ditch the Judas thing.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Is it just me or does Liz/Julia look like Lisa Kudrow (Pheoboe in the show Friends) and Becky looks Hilary Swank (but not quite as pretty). Meg looks nothing like Taylor Swift (as James claims)!
    Me and my GF get a Scarlett Johansen vibe from Liz/Julia (right down to the husky voice). Becky looks like Hillary Swank...if she got hit in the face with a train. Hi-OHHHH!

I've been watching BB Canada, but I've been going backwards. I'm on the season finale of season 2. I thought both season 2 (so far) & 3 were excellent!! Waaaaaaaaaay better & satisfying twists than the US version. The comps are less cheesy and the house is gorgeous too. But all that budget spent on the comps and house have most certainly cut into their prize money. $100,000??? I find the contestants to be much more engaging than our lower 48 versions. Much more genuine and so nice...even when they've got the knife stuck firmly in someones back. Arlie from season 2 was a fkn riot!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Becky looks like Hillary Swank...if she got hit in the face with a train. Hi-OHHHH!
    LMAO!

I've been watching BB Canada, but I've been going backwards. I'm on the season finale of season 2. I thought both season 2 (so far) & 3 were excellent!! Waaaaaaaaaay better & satisfying twists than the US version. The comps are less cheesy and the house is gorgeous too. But all that budget spent on the comps and house have most certainly cut into their prize money. $100,000??? I find the contestants to be much more engaging than our lower 48 versions. Much more genuine and so nice...even when they've got the knife stuck firmly in someones back. Arlie from season 2 was a fkn riot!
    Season one was my favourite of BB Can. 3 was my least favourite. In general, Canadian prizes are a lot lower than American. With one tenth of the population of the US, sponsorships are not as profitable in Canada so the shows can't raise the same amount of capital. But also consider that prize money here is completely tax free. So that $100K is actually a $100K in the bank.

Back to BBUSA... Is that chick that came into the house with Jeff even still in the game? I don't think I've seen her in two or three episodes. Talk about flying under the radar.

Jackie has her head in the game for sure. She's smarter than she gets credit for, and is playing a great social game. When she does talk game she shows she knows what's up. At least as much as any person outside of the majority alliance(s) can know. Seems to have a decent read on people.

Yes, Jackie is good in this game. I actually see her going far and I am very OK with that. She doesn't get into petty squabbles and she has herself distanced enough from Jeff that she can dodge any association with him. Once Jeff goes, I think she will be able to stretch out more. I'm wondering if she can get into an alliance once the Austin/Vanessa/Clay/Shelli etc. alliance implodes...

I'm now hoping Johnny Mac goes very far. The guy has grown on me. His Bobcat Goldthwait type of talk was annoying at first, but now I am rooting for the kid!

I also like Austin (not Judas) but his hard-on for Liz might be his downfall as weeks go by.

PAULIE!!! Glad you have gotten into BBCanada! I am with ForeverAutumn in that season 1 is the best and you will enjoy it more than the previous seasons. The finale alone is classic!!

I'm glad to hear that Jackie is good. I like her, from what little they've shown of her, but they really have not shown her much!

Johnny Mac is also growing on me. I still find the sound of his voice in the DR annoying as hell, but I do think he's smarter than he comes off as. And although he's lost (thrown?) the last two BotB comps, he's saved himself with two consecutive POVs. Sooner or later, somebody is going to notice that and realize that he's a bigger threat than they think. He's become kind of the dark horse for me.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Just started the first season of BBCA.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Please let us know your thoughts as you get into it. I will dig up the old BBCan#1 thread after you're done so you can compare our notes to yours

Enjoy. There are some great cast members on the first season. It was a really fun watch!

Enjoyed Thursday's eviction episode!

Me too. Austin seems to be getting a little possessive/creepy over Liz though.