Thread: Loreley 2015

Loreley 2015

Any PE people in N.America crossing the pond for this fest in Germany this July? I have a air ticket and concert ticket booked and I am super excited about this. I was wondering if any previous attendees or Euro- locals can answer some questions for me:

1) I land in Frankfurt Friday Morning, what is the quickest way to get from the airport to the festival site, I assume a taxi (Prob very expensive), an Uber ride (I am new to all that,not sure how to proceed), a bus or train (depends on schedule, don't want to miss some fri bands), a shuttle (does anyone know of this?) or if anyone is crossing the pond can we share a ride or rental?

2) The town of St Goarshausen is close by to the festival, can I walk there from the camping site to have a proper meal (ie not festival food) and drink etc ? How far is it? Are things like eating/drinking establishments open late there (after the festival)?

3) Do you know if there are banking services (ATMs, Bank office, etc) at or near the festival site?

4) I need to return to Frankfurt on Mon. again ride suggestions, Bus/train recomendations?

5) Any good Prog record shops in the Frankfurt metro area ?

6) I am hoping to bring some CDs (maybe 100) of my music to the festival to give away to festival goers and promote my music and record label, do you think that customs officials will have a problem with this? I believe you can bring product samples in as long as they are declared in many countries but I am unsure of Germany.

Any and all answers to the above questions would be great, thanks in advance - Pat

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    i WISH I was going! Have a great time. I actually don't even remember who's playing, but I know the lineup has been amazing the last couple of years at least. If you don't get answers here, you might try the Marillion forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Elephant View Post
    2) The town of St Goarshausen is close by to the festival, can I walk there from the camping site to have a proper meal (ie not festival food) and drink etc ? How far is it? Are things like eating/drinking establishments open late there (after the festival)?
    The town is close enough to walk distance wise BUT the amphitheatre is way up on the Lorelei rock so the only way to walk down and up is by a very long set of stairs which could be arduous to. I would seriously look into renting a car for the days you are there. Makes life a lot easier.

I remember Camel was playing (and what a show!!), but sorry for not answeing your questions