Thread: Song on ID ads

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

Song on ID ads

It was driving me crazy, so I looked it up. Don't know anything about her. An Adele clone maybe?

"Alienated-so alien I go!"

Yeah, Adele clone, I guess, but not as good obviously. One radio station I listen to when driving around at work (work vehicles are old and have no AUX input, or I’d listen to MP3s, same as when I drive my own car) plays her song “Exes and Ohs” (ugh!).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

thanks! I have to make sure my mom never hears it...

Being the opposite of most people, I'm unaware of most mainstream acts, but my wife loves quite a few of them, including Adele. I hadn't heard Adele or (or even of) Elle King until I opened this thread. Based on videos I've just watched, they have similar looks but they sound nothing alike. I admit I really liked what I heard from both. Will I get 86ed from PE if I don't retract that?

Nah-I actually dig the bass in that ID song. It's not that she's a clone in looks, but her vocal style and quality are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Being the opposite of most people, I'm unaware of most mainstream acts, but my wife loves quite a few of them, including Adele. I hadn't heard Adele or (or even of) Elle King until I opened this thread. Based on videos I've just watched, they have similar looks but they sound nothing alike. I admit I really liked what I heard from both. Will I get 86ed from PE if I don't retract that?
    I like Adele so you have no need to fear. Elle King just strikes me as an inferior imitator. Lots of them are proliferating right now.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I like Adele so you have no need to fear. Elle King just strikes me as an inferior imitator. Lots of them are proliferating right now.
    not surprisingly. they get grabbed up by rival record companies to cash in on Adele and by the same record company to shelve until Adele is passé