Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Christopher Lee at age 93

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Actually began in 1958 with "Horror of Dracula," his best.
    Actually, I misspoke (mis-wrote). His first Dracula role was in '58. But, he played Frankenstein's Monster in 1957 in his first Hammer role.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Read an obituary on him-was there anything he could not do or did do? Talk about a life fulfilled!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

His portrayal of the villain Scaramanga in the Bond flick "The Man With the Golden Gun" was a highlight of that film. RIP.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    His portrayal of the villain Scaramanga in the Bond flick "The Man With the Golden Gun" was a highlight of that film. RIP.

great Bond film!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

RIP to my most favorite character actor. His autobiography was excellent as well - the updated version is highly recommended. Anyone remember his guest hosting SNL? One of the top 10 episodes ever.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

The passing of a true giant! As Scaramanga you were one of the best of the Bond baddies!
    R.I.P.Christopher Lee.

You beat me to it Kelly.

He was the best old school Bond baddie in my opinion.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This does belong on the main page because of the Rhapsody of Fire connection.

Banned
    Hey, my name is Christopher Lee and I'm not dead, or am I RIP Mr Lee.

He was a great villain in The Musketeers movies, too.
    Maybe someone could count how many villains he played through the years.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I always thought this was the highlight:

Complete with slide whistle just in case you didn't think it was sufficiently ridiculous on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I always thought this was the highlight:

Complete with slide whistle just in case you didn't think it was sufficiently ridiculous on its own.
    Haha. The scenes with JW Pepper(actor Clifton James) provided a lot of comic relief to both "Live and Let Die" and "The Man With the Golden Gun". BTW, Clifton James is still around at the age of 94.

Quote Originally Posted by georob View Post
    Didn't he add spoken word vocals to some prog albums and/or prog-metal albums?
    I think he did the spoken word stuff on Bob Johnson and Peter Knight's 'The King of Elfland's Daughter'. Crappy album, but the Steeleye Span connection sort of links it to prog.

My favourite of his movies: The Wicker Man and The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

The roles in the LOTR and even as Dooku only capped off what was a great career for an actor that probably never got the credit for being as good as he was.

Another legend passed today . . . . . . . The American Dream, Dusty Rhodes.

RIP to both.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

A true classic - RIP.

Jeez, guys, you've really let me down. Two pages into this thread and nobody posted this one:

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    He was a great villain in The Musketeers movies, too.
    Maybe someone could count how many villains he played through the years.
    Ah yes, he was the villainous Rochefort. Those two Richard Lester movies are the definitive Musketeers films. A spectacular cast, brilliant swordplay, and a twisted plot. I got them in a box several years ago and now I guess it's time for my annual viewing.

Rochefort: This d'Artagnan... he lodges with you, does he not? We will find Monsieur d'Artagnan a suitable lodging in the Bastille for the time being.
    M. Bonancieux: And afterwards?
    Rochefort: [coldly] In the Bastille, there is no afterwards.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by LighthouseKeeper View Post
    Frickin' brilliant.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    He did some heavy metal albums in later years. I haven't heard them, but I'm sure they have their fans...
    Manowar re-did their 1981 debut album which originally had Orson Welles doing the narration, here is the section redone with Christopher Lee...

and Rhapsody of Fire has done a few songs with his narration...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I'd "hammer" any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Jeez, guys, you've really let me down. Two pages into this thread and nobody posted this one:

Ah yes, who could ever forget Kenny Lynch and Parky!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

The man was a legend of myriad capabilities. I've loved him in so many different roles. Not many people know that he has appeared in more films than anyone else, could have been a successful opera singer, if he had not taken up acting, was an expert swordsman, spoke multiple languages...the list goes on and on. I will miss him greatly.

Fittingly, less than two weeks ago, I saw the restored version of Dracula on the big screen.

RIP to a great man.

neil

Haha. The scenes with JW Pepper(actor Clifton James) provided a lot of comic relief to both "Live and Let Die" and "The Man With the Golden Gun". BTW, Clifton James is still around at the age of 94.
    The swanee whistle and Sheriff Pepper are two of the reasons that TMWTGG is one of the worst Bond films IMO! But Mr Lee is on the credit side.

My CL mention - 'The Devil Rides Out'. Scared me enough to stop watching when I first saw it in my late teens, alone in my parents' house late at night.