Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Game Hall of Fame; almost as irritating as the R&R HoF

Eventually every classic game will be included in this HOF.

The game that really had me by the throat was DOOM. Very immersive at the time. Pretty much all those Id Software FPS's were cool. I might've had some nightmares after playing Doom.......lol

I really got into Doom and I don't even like 1st-person shooters. Of course, I guess Doom started that genre pretty much.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    The game that really had me by the throat was DOOM. Very immersive at the time. Pretty much all those Id Software FPS's were cool. I might've had some nightmares after playing Doom.......lol
    I used to work for the company that provided the system software that Doom ran against for the PC. I used Doom as a test program for our bug fixes.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    To all those saying "Why didn't ( _ _ _ _ _ ) get nominated, I imagine their criteria include something about being a certain numbers of years old, much like the music Hall of Fame.

Honestly, if something irritates you that much, why bother to follow it? Unlike the R&R HoF, this news is not thrust in your faces.

And incidentally I always thought Pacman was a bit of a spunk. Did you know that when the game was imported to the US from Japan, the original name was Puckman? They changed the name because they envisaged the lettering of the name being vandalised on consoles - would have been very easy to do.
    Doom is younger than Xevious
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

The kids today have no idea of the subtle differences and nuances of the Intelivision games. ;-)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    We had a Fairchild game system. Super early.