Thread: Uriah Heep: Live - Salisbury

Uriah Heep: Live - Salisbury

Great track!

One of my earliest introductions to the great world of cerebral music. Still in a heavy rotation for me all these years later.

Easily my favorite Uriah Heep song. Never knew they played it live. Although I love the addition of the brass on the studio version, it sounds like they had no problem pulling this off live without a brass section.

the classic line-up too!

Going to have to revisit this album. Been years since I spun it! Thanks for the link!

Never knew they did this live. I love how Hensley covered most of the orchestral parts on the Hammond.. Wish the new Heep would try this one. The proggiest song they ever did IMO

NOT "classic lineup". Don" think Kerslake was in the band yet either. Didn't he show up before Thain but after Look At Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    NOT "classic lineup". Don" think Kerslake was in the band yet either. Didn't he show up before Thain but after Look At Yourself?
    I believe that's correct. The exact sequence of events are a bit hazy in my mind, but I believe I've read that Paul Newton left first, and was replaced by Mark Clarke of Colosseum fame. But Clarke only stayed around long enough to co-write and apparently play on The Wizard and it's B-side Why (his name appears in the byline of the former, but at least on the original LP, his performance went unheralded), then Gary Thain took over for the rest of the Demons And Wizards sessions. Whereas, I believe Lee Kerslake is the drummer on the entire album.

Killer Mick Box soli just like the album