Thread: (Robin) Taylor's (Free) Universe, discussion + announcement Bandcamp

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

(Robin) Taylor's (Free) Universe, discussion + announcement Bandcamp

Hi all,

I've been a bit quite lately, very busy with Progstreaming, Indie Streaming and Metal Streaming, and there's more to come.

I also 'make' Bandcamps for artists. This is not very hard to do, but very rewarding. I've just finished the Bandcamp for Taylor's Universe and all project relating Robin Taylor's music. I'm pretty sure that there are some fans among here, but since his discography is so huge, and also sure that there's probably no-one that knows all his output.

Anyway, that's about to change for the good. Here's the Bandcamp: https://robintaylorsuniverse.bandcamp.com/.

I'm also curious what albums are considered his best, or made an impression with members on this board? Of course I also hope that in time, thanks to the Bandcamp, people here made discoveries.

Taylor`s Universe with Karsten Vogel: Experimental Health (1998)

But I havent heard them all. This gets a good review:
    http://www.allaboutjazz.com/robin-ta...dave-wayne.php

Robin's always done some fine work, from what I've heard (he's prolific to say the least), and I guess it's been kinda frustrating for him that he's been "under the radar" for so long. Anybody that loved Secret Oyster ought to check Robin's work out, not that it sounds particularly like SO, but that Karsten Vogel has worked with Robin frequently over the years.

I've liked the more recent TU efforts and Two-Pack as well, so I'm glad to see the Bandcamp site.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

At Progstreaming Classic we will announce this Bandcamp and promote it a bit. I've asked Robin Taylor himself about his favorites, and I'm now deciding which 6 (3 updates, 2 albums each) will be featured.

The first one (planned for today, but that will probably be tomorrow) will be:

Two-Pack
    Kind Of Red

second and third yet to be decided, hopefully decided by (among others) you

Note that it doesn't have to be his best, but more a couple that will make people more curious. I e.g. wouldn't instantly recommend the more avant-garde/freestyle-stuff.

Robin Taylor is a great favorite.
    I've listened mostly to his releases starting with Return to Whatever, but recently have been delving into the earlier works.
    A very nice Bandcamp page that the curious should find very rewarding.

Thanks!

Progstreaming Classic (www.progstreamingclassic.com) has now the mentioned first two albums on the site. A bit useless for they're also streaming at Bandcamp, you might say, but I've found people rather want to be guided and directed than overfloaded.