Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin announce Deluxe Edtions of Presence, In Through The Out Door" & Coda

Led Zeppelin announce Deluxe Edtions of Presence, In Through The Out Door" & Coda

Led Zeppelin announce Deluxe Editions of "Presence", "In Through The Our Door" & "Coda"

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news

Apart from the debut the others have been a dissapointment in terms of extras. Each should have had a live companion disc but will buy these for the sake of completion!!

I'm just going to assume that "Hey Hey" is going to be among the expanded Coda set. It damn well better be.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'm just going to assume that "Hey Hey" is going to be among the expanded Coda set. It damn well better be.
    Word. I can't see any point to a reissued CODA unless the bonus tracks are better than the entire original LP.

And there'd better be lots of bonus tracks and they'd better be good.

Not holding my breath.

I'll pick up PRESENCE though. My 2nd favorite of theirs after HotH.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yes; "Hey Hey What Can I Do" will be on the deluxe edition of "Coda". Rolling Stone.com has an article with details on what will be on the deluxe edtions.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ssues-20150603

It seems like CODA will be the one I'll get, 2 discs of bonus material! Plus, I've never owned the original Coda, so it's all new to me.

Ugh. I'm seeing a whole lotta "rough mixes" listed as bonus tracks.

Also known as, "Suffer through them once and never play them again" tracks.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

I've never owned CODA either so I may get it (unless the price is ridiculous).

Form www.ledzeppelin.com/news:

Multiple CD, Vinyl, And Digital Formats, Including Limited Edition Super Deluxe Boxed Set, Available July 31st

Deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin’s final three studio albums: Presence, In Through The Out Door, and Coda will be released in July. As with the previous deluxe editions, all three have been newly remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page and are accompanied by companion audio comprised of previously unreleased music related to the original release selected and compiled by Page.

Originally released in 1976, Presence was recorded during a whirlwind 18-day session at Musicland Studios in Munich, Germany. The album—which peaked at #1 in both the U.S. and UK and was certified triple platinum—crackles with energy on Zeppelin classics like “Nobody’s Fault But Mine” and “Achilles Last Stand” and delivers powerful jolts of the group at its visceral best.

The companion audio disc that accompanies Presence has five unreleased reference mixes from the sessions, which reveal works in progress. Along with alternate incarnations of “For Your Life,” “Achilles Last Stand,” and “Royal Orleans,” there is also the previously unheard instrumental curiously titled “10 Ribs & All/Carrot Pod Pod (Pod).”

On its release in the summer of 1979, In Through The Out Door topped the U.S. and UK album charts and has since been certified six-times platinum. Sadly, it would be the last album that Led Zeppelin recorded prior to drummer John Bonham’s passing the following year. Among the seven album tracks are “Fool In The Rain,” and “All My Love,” two songs that remain rock radio staples to this day.

The album’s companion audio disc features an unreleased rough mix of every track from the original album, including early versions with working titles such as “The Hook” (“All My Love”), “The Epic” (“Carouselambra”), and “Blot” (“I’m Gonna Crawl”).

The appropriately titled Coda was Led Zeppelin’s final album of studio recordings. Released in 1982, it was comprised of eight unreleased tracks recorded between 1970 and 1978. It peaked at #6 on the album charts and has been certified platinum in the U.S.

The reissue campaign ends with a double-barrel blast of Led. Coda will be the only Led Zeppelin deluxe edition to include two companion discs, featuring 15 tracks recorded between 1968 and 1974. The oldest song in the collection is also perhaps the most interesting. The frenetic blues jam “Sugar Mama” was recorded in 1968 at Olympic Studios during sessions for the band’s eponymous debut. The song was completed but never officially released until now. “Baby Come On Home” from the same session is also included in the set. Also included is the previously unreleased “St. Tristan’s Sword,” a rollicking instrumental recorded during the Led Zeppelin III sessions in 1970.

In 1972, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page took a fabled trip to India to perform with the Bombay Orchestra and now, for the first time, recordings from these sessions will be officially released with dynamic takes on “Friends” and “Four Hands” (“Four Sticks” from Led Zeppelin IV). Among the many other highlights featured here is an early version of “When The Levee Breaks” from 1970 titled “If It Keeps On Raining”; rough mixes of “The Wanton Song” and “In The Light,” from the Physical Graffiti sessions at Headley Grange, the latter a different alternate version than the one included in the Physical Graffiti deluxe edition; and an instrumental mix of “Poor Tom” from 1970.

Love the nasty grooves on Presence...

I liked "Coda" just fine for what it was. "We're Gonna Groove" is killer, "Darlene" is big fun, the version of "I Can't Quit You, Baby" rivals the studio version, and some of the other tracks are decent, too.

How do people like the earlier remasters? I thought Zep I and II sounded like improvements, but didn't really think my favorite Physical Graffiti was improved at all by the remaster.

Might be interested in Presence. I tend to find the rough mixes cool.

I've only been tempted to get the debut album and, now, Coda. Still surprised that Swan Song isn't anywhere to be found here. Although Presence is my favorite Zeppelin LP, I doubt I'll be picking up this edition.

My wallet has been on fire all year long. No end in sight, either!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    I liked "Coda" just fine for what it was. "We're Gonna Groove" is killer, "Darlene" is big fun, the version of "I Can't Quit You, Baby" rivals the studio version, and some of the other tracks are decent, too.

How do people like the earlier remasters? I thought Zep I and II sounded like improvements, but didn't really think my favorite Physical Graffiti was improved at all by the remaster.
    I thought III was very good. But I quickly sold IV, definitely had a good amount of compression. Haven't bothered with any others.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    But I quickly sold IV, definitely had a good amount of compression. Haven't bothered with any others.
    Do you mean "good" as in "bad"?

Their bank accounts must be close to empty again.

Led Zeppelin must hold the record for the greatest number of re-releases, remasterings, compilations and box sets when weighed against the very small number of original tracks recorded on those nine studio albums.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Led Zeppelin must hold the record for the greatest number of re-releases, remasterings, compilations and box sets when weighed against the very small number of original tracks recorded on those nine studio albums.
    While your second remark is OK, I kind of disagree with your first sarcastic comment

From the moment they launched the first three albums, it was obvious the would go to the end (well maybe not Coda)...

and then , there is TSRTS soundtrack to come.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Cynicism not sarcasm. But come on, how many more times are they going to repackage the same 70 or so original songs?

Cynicism not sarcasm. But come on, how many more times are they going to repackage the same 70 or so original songs?
    I had the vinyls...

and only bought those 2003 mini-lps (and stopped at HotH + TSRTS) >> that's all I 'll ever need from them...

So I couldn't care less for their umpteenth rekid...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I haven't been impressed with the bonus content at all, but to be fair this is only the third time their catalog has been released/mastered on cd (originals from the 80's, remastered in the early 90's, and now this most recent round with bonus tracks). They are not even close to bands like ELP, The Doors, and Yes in terms of reissues.

The best sounding Zep cd's are the originals.The page remasters from the mid 90s are were a downgrade, but still perfectly good cd's for anyone not obsessive about getting the absolute best version.

From what i've heard of the newest batch they are a couple steps down from the mid-90s ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I had the vinyls...

and only bought those 2003 mini-lps (and stopped at HotH + TSRTS) >> that's all I 'll ever need from them...

So I couldn't care less for their umpteenth rekid...
    I have them all on vinyl too (bar TSRTS) but I did buy the 4 CD box set that came out in the 90s. Although I wasn't impressed with the mixed up running order of those 4 discs.

Must. Squeeze. Every. Last. Drop.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Must. Squeeze. Every. Last. Drop.
    I'm with ya, feverishly ! But I'm the biggest fanboy, ever. I wouldn't disparage anyone for being fussy about the bonus material, but man, for me, the vocal-less version of FRIENDS and OUT ON THE TILES are worth the price of A.

So, I'm hoping for some sheer goodness from:

"the previously unreleased "St. Tristan's Sword," an instrumental that dates back to the 1970 sessions for Led Zeppelin III.
    Last edited by Prehensile Pencil; 06-04-2015 at 10:08 AM.