Thread: Roots of Evil - Can Anyone ID This '80s Horror Flick?

Roots of Evil - Can Anyone ID This '80s Horror Flick?

I have a newspaper clipping from the early '80s (probably '82 or '83) for a film called "Roots of Evil". The only entry on IMDB is a film with Deep Roy that sounds totally inappropriate. I suspect his is a variant title - would love to know what the 'real' name is.

Roots-of-Evil_0001.jpg

Peter

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Nope - that IMDB title is the Action/Crime/Drama I mentioned (featuring Deep Roy).

Rick on Classic Horror Film Board suggests "The Gardener"/"Garden of Death" - filmed in '74 and featuring Joe Dallesandro...who also appeared in Frankenstein 3D from '73 (aka Flesh for Frankenstein, aka Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, etc etc). Although not a double-bill, with those connections it kind of makes sense that they'd travel together from theater to theater.

I was too young, or many of these films only showed at midnight, so I missed many of them. I have a scrapbook of these and trying to track down the last few I've not seen (though tricky because a number of them never made it to DVD).

Peter

Dr Kiss at the Classic Horror Film Board has a positive ID - it is the police-crime-action-fu film. Does not appear to have a DVD release. Film features Deep Roy (played the killer puppet in Dr Who and the Talons of Weng-Chiang, but perhaps more know nowadays as Tim Burton's go-to Oompa-Loompa! Newspaper clipping had me fooled - I was thinking maybe original "Evil Dead"...

Roots-Evil.jpg

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I was disappointed with the description-with a name like "Roots of Evil" and the presence of midgets, I was expecting Italian horror...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"