Thread: "New" YES 1977 footage on Youtube

"New" YES 1977 footage on Youtube

I just found this mentioned over @ Yesfans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMpX...e&noredirect=1

This is awesome. I was there the night before. 10/26/77. Still have my ticket stub.
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

Yeah forget about this 1972 thing. I'd like to see a bunch of live releases from between 75 and 80. There was more material then and more song selection. I have nothing against Yessongs or the Bruford era of the band but I just find it more interesting when a band has more songs from more albums in the live recordings.

It's always awesome to see footage like the preserved. Forgotten Yesterdays doesn't even list this recording.

http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/date...0&qdateid=1315

The person also uploaded silent footage (I don't know if it's new or not) from February 25, 1974.

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 06-01-2015 at 02:03 PM.

It really IS awesome to see this tour that close and well lit. The Glasgow footage does not come close! Nice find!

How did they perfect the "shitty cell phone" video and sound way back in '77?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It really IS awesome to see this tour that close and well lit. The Glasgow footage does not come close! Nice find!
    Agreed -- this is pretty good stuff, despite the typically choppy nature of these audience shot 8mm concert films.

And with regards to Glasgow, I wasn't aware that a color version has surfaced that's a hell of a lot better quality than the old B&W boot I've had.

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

That's awesome. Wakeman sounds like he's into it again.
    The Prog Corner

Wow, I have net had a chance to view yet as I am in the office, but this was my first Yes gig, a magical night for me, and so I am so excited to be able to see this again and bring back some distant memories.

I was there... My very first Yes show!

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    That's awesome. Wakeman sounds like he's into it again.
    According to an interview I read c.1978, Rick and Jon were the two who were turning up early at the studio, keen to get working on new material, while the other three couldn't be arsed. I suppose you could say Rick and Jon were fired with enthusiasm...

They left of their own accord, with enthusiasm.

Saw this tour at Madison Square Garden, this is how I like to remember Yes. Get well soon, Chris.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...