Thread: Our ELP tribute 'Pictures' video....

Our ELP tribute 'Pictures' video....

Hi folks,

Here's a video of "Pictures" played on the 8th May with my ELP tribute - Noddy's Puncture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3V9wcAWJWA

We have more gigs in the UK - Saturday 23rd May in Rochdale, and also in Cardiff on Saturday 6th June.

Please see our website for more details... www.noddyspuncture.co.uk

Cheers,
    Tom

Yikes! Any plans to come to the US? NY,NJ, or PA?

Quote Originally Posted by doneg View Post
    Yikes! Any plans to come to the US? NY,NJ, or PA?
    Not really... we'd never get all the gear over in the hand luggage allowance...
    And we don't go down the laptop/plug-in route.

You'd need to come to the UK... much easier...!
    Cheers,
    Tom

You guys ought to get medals for even attempting that. It's always weird when stuff gets transposed for the singer because you're so used to hearing it in a certain key, but considering what an amazing feat of group coordination and equipment management that must have been it's a small price to pay. Keep up the great work!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    You guys ought to get medals for even attempting that. It's always weird when stuff gets transposed for the singer because you're so used to hearing it in a certain key, but considering what an amazing feat of group coordination and equipment management that must have been it's a small price to pay. Keep up the great work!
    Thank you sir...!
    Cheers
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by noddyspuncture View Post
    Not really... we'd never get all the gear over in the hand luggage allowance...
    And we don't go down the laptop/plug-in route.

You'd need to come to the UK... much easier...!
    Cheers,
    Tom
    Well, you could travel to the Netherlands. Just travel by boat.

Hi folks,

Here's a video of "Pictures" played on the 8th May with my ELP tribute - Noddy's Puncture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3V9wcAWJWA

We have more gigs in the UK - Saturday 23rd May in Rochdale, and also in Cardiff on Saturday 6th June.

Please see our website for more details... www.noddyspuncture.co.uk

Cheers,
    Tom
    Don't forget guys.... Saturday night for: The Show That Never Ends...!

Come and see the show...

Cheerz
    Tom

Supoib!
    Making Wikipedia marginally more interesting at:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCul...PXchSo_vDxtcLg

Nice.

Did I hear some wrong organ notes in the first minute?

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Nice.

Did I hear some wrong organ notes in the first minute?
    Yes you did, there were a couple of *slips*, it is live after all. And there are some more errors later on from other members.... does this mean we are not worth of the Netherlands after all....?

Mind you, I have ELP bootlegs which also contain little mistakes. Have you seen ELP's 'Pictures' film...?

If you wind in to 25:55 you'll see what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4igIQ2TOASg

Yes you did, there were a couple of *slips*, it is live after all. And there are some more errors later on from other members.... does this mean we are not worth of the Netherlands after all....?

Mind you, I have ELP bootlegs which also contain little mistakes. Have you seen ELP's 'Pictures' film...?

If you wind in to 25:55 you'll see what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4igIQ2TOASg
    Of course not. I would love to see you. I friend of mine once played the opening on a Farfisa organ I borrowed from a neighbour and at some point he messed the whole piece up and went in improvisation mode, till he didn't know where to go. I still have it on a tape somewhere.

I think I have ELP's Pictures film somewhere on a DVD.

b.t.w., loved the disappearing drummer. Once was at a conert by Austrian group Eela Craig, where the drummer left the stage on several occasions, which caused some hilarity with the audience (something like 20 people, if I remember correctly).
    They had a lovely keyboard set-up. No modular Moog, but besides that, my dream come true. I think it was something like this: