Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25 years ago today was my first RUSH concert

I also saw them on the Presto tour with my sister, at Shoreline in Mountain View, California. It was my first Rush show as well. The show also single-handedly made my sister into a hardcore Rush fan. I remember her asking to borrow my copy of "A Show of Hands" so she could listen to it before bed.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Saw Rush many, many times when they were just a bar band.

Never after they hit the big time.

DtB

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Doi! 32 years for me (Signals). The Presto tour was a good one - I saw them three times on that tour!

Oct 25 / 74 - opener for Nazareth
    Oct 27 / 78
    July 26 /13
    I remember tomorrow

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    39 years ago was my first Rush concert.

2112 - I still remember it.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 05-30-2015 at 09:05 PM.

May 10, 1984

I remember seeing three grandmothers climbing the stairs to get to their seats, which were behind mine. Even then, their fans spanned generations.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Count me in as another who first saw them on the Hold your Fire tour. I only saw them twice after that(07 and 08)and am tentatively planning on seeing them again next month.

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    September 19, 1980. Almost 35 years ago, during what was called the Moving Pictures warm up tour. They played pre-release versions of Tom Sawyer and Limelight. 17 years old, hard to duplicate the joy of that first show. Only tours I've missed since then were Signals, Power Windows and Clockwork Angels.

First time saw them live, August 30, 2007 Snake and Arrows Tour Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Second time April 15, 2011 Time Machine tour taping of the Time Machine 2011: Live In Cleveland DVD

I got to see one of my top three favorite bands in the World twice, and I went to a show that was released on DVD, I'm happy, I don't need to see them live again, not big into music dork gatherings,
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

In '77 methinks. A Farewell to Kings tour. Cheap Trick and UFO opened for them. They did the 1st live album opening songs but did all of AFTK except that slow tune. Loved it! I remember that show better than the ones I've seen lately.

In '77 methinks. A Farewell to Kings tour. Cheap Trick and UFO opened for them. They did the 1st live album opening songs but did all of AFTK except that slow tune. Loved it! I remember that show better than the ones I've seen lately.

Ain't seen them since Vapor Trails. I simply cannot get into the whole Rush Concert Experience anymore. I don't do the "Crowd parcipitation" thing but I am glad to see people having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Yep, that's when I saw them, too. November of '77. AC/DC was supposed to open, but Bon Scott was ill and nobody opened. That was fine with me.

That was my first real concert. I even have the entire ticket stub.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

37 years ago. I think it was October 28th at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. I was 17. Not a good night although the
    last half of the show that I actually saw was great. Took a while to wash the ink off my fingers.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

First time-Jan. 28th, 1979, Memphis,TN. Hemispheres tour with opener Starz. My second time was 28 yrs. later-June 3rd,2007, Atlanta, Ga. Snakes and Arrows. Then again in 2008 and 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Signals tour when I was 11 years old. Since then I've seen them 32 more times.
    That was my first tour too. November 17, 1982 at Maple Leaf Gardens. I'm seeing them at the Air Canada Centre on June 19th (can't wait!). The 19th is mine and hubby's 21st anniversary. Can't think of a better way to celebrate! It will be my 9th time seeing them. Twice in the 80's, and haven't missed a tour since Test for Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastic Progo Rican View Post
    ...and I went to a show that was released on DVD, I'm happy, I don't need to see them live again, not big into music dork gatherings,
    They are recording their two Toronto shows, June 17 adn 19. Expect a DVD to follow in time for Christmas!

Hey, some of you might find this website interesting. It lists all the tours, tour dates, set-lists, tour book, and even a few Rush crossword puzzles! (see tour book for Moving Pictures and Signals. There could be more, I haven't gone through the whole site).

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/tourinfo.php

Enjoy.

Well, they have the 11/20/77 show listed incorrectly, as evidenced by the ticket above.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, they have the 11/20/77 show listed incorrectly, as evidenced by the ticket above.
    Nobody's perfect. The shows that I've been to seem to be listed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by YESHEAD777 View Post
    First time-Jan. 28th, 1979, Memphis,TN. Hemispheres tour with opener Starz. My second time was 28 yrs. later-June 3rd,2007, Atlanta, Ga. Snakes and Arrows. Then again in 2008 and 2010.
    Ha! When I saw them on that tour it was April Wine as the opener... about a month after your show I believe

Yea-don't remember any thing about starz. think they mighta had one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    So fix it.

From the site:

Rush tour dates have been gathered from multiple sources including, but not limited to: Rush.Com, 2112.Net,
    the now-defunct National Midnight Star Site, readers Raza Rizvi and Tim Betthauser, personal experience and numerous submissions from other visitors.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    So fix it.
    Just added a comment on their guest page.

Quote Originally Posted by YESHEAD777 View Post
    Yea-don't remember any thing about starz. think they mighta had one hit.
    Saw them open for Be Bop Deluxe in '77 with their pouty-lipped singer trying to be like Mick Jagger. The hall was packed with BBD devotees and we booed Starz outta there.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...