Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Steven Wilson US Tour Check-In Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    He did mention Talk Talk in Boulder.

And he was proudly wearing his ABBA shirt. When an audience member heckled him about ABBA, Steven gave a nice little sermon on how much of a fuckin' great band ABBA is. The number of influences on Steven's music is incredible.

As for the other comments, I don't know why you're harsh on enthusiastic fans. Despite your judging him, I bet that "fat guy" was in seventh heaven getting to talk to Nick and take a selfie. And just because fans have 70's prog band t-shirts doesn't mean they don't know every word to every PT/Wilson song.

I spoke with Nick outside after the show and he was incredibly friendly and engaging. He saw my Olias of Sunhillow shirt immediately and started saying what a great album it is, and when I said I enjoyed his playing on Lifesigns too, he was enthused to plug a new trio he is in with Marco Minneman and John King (from Steve Hackett Band), who will be releasing a new album next January of Nick's own compositions! So, look for that one!
    I don't get it either. Why would I care if someone is having a great time in a manner different than I might choose?

Does anyone know how to "rip" the Yahoo stream?

^^^I imagine it could be done, it would take someone with far more time and far more tech savvy than myself to figure out, but I'd be surprised to find that precautions haven't been taken. I just figured out how to get he show on my apple tv...so I'm certainly not the one to ask

Hey if I could, ahem, "capture" Top 40 songs off my little clock radio via "Normal Bias" T Series cassettes back in the day,....

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    Hey if I could, ahem, "capture" Top 40 songs off my little clock radio via "Normal Bias" T Series cassettes back in the day,....
    haha...boy that just brought back memories!!

The L.A. streaming show was a great one. I recorded the audio but am not satisfied with the sound. It seems to be in Mono, and the volume output is in the low range. And I nixed "Watchtower" because my damned computer did a buffering freeze. But it's still worth listening to. Anyone capture the video?
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

No recording here. My Brother owns a Movie Theater, so he had a Private viewing for family & close friends. We really enjoyed it Allot, seeing it on The Big Screen, and we had it cranked up very load. Really excited I will be seeing it Live in Toronto Canada on the 26th.

Scott
    http://www.stillstream.fm Internet Radio - Your Place For Solace On The Net

SF show just ended. Very good stuff indeed (an enthusiastic crowd really helped). I like how he mixed up the set list, though call me a "middle aged guy in a Pink Floyd t-shirt" cuz I can think of many PT songs I would have preferred to "Lazarus". 😉

RE: L.A. concert stream: Yep, got the video from you tube last night, and if you want a good audio only, go here: http://www.guitars101.com/

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Watching now (so thanks for the link). This will have to do until the live album is released as the tour came nowhere near me. I'm guessing Wilson intentionally borrowed Fripp's "we respond to enthusiasm" line.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

If anyone wants to capture and keep any of the videos on Youtube before they get taken down it is super easy. There's a free mozilla youtube download plugin, so all you have to do is download and set up the Firefox browser, then do a simple search for the Firefox youtube download plugin and install that and you are good to go. Works great.
    Last edited by Richard; 06-16-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If anyone wants to capture and keep any of the videos on Youtube before they get taken down it is super easy. Mozilla actually has a free youtube download plugin for their Firefox browser, so all you have to do is download and set up the Firefox browser, then do a simple search for the Firefox youtube download plugin and install that and you are good to go. Works great.
    Which of the many plug-ins available do you like best?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Which of the many plug-ins available do you like best?
    Hmm, I guess I didn't realize there were so many. I just went for the first one that came up: https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/fir...nload-youtube/ and it works great.

I'm going to be shameless and ask if anyone took any photos of the Warfield gig? If you did, please drop me a line. Yes, I realize no-one was supposed to. :-)

OOPPS! Look like Yahoo had you tube nix the stream. But you can probably find it on torrent sites.

I just saw him last night in Portland, Oregon, USA. It was a phenomenal show. It's a must see.

Getting ready to head into Seattle for tonight's show.

Last night's show in Edmonton was fantastic! Couple PT songs,Lazarus and particulary Sleep together from FOABP,sounded so heavy live.I find new album to be much better sounding in live setting.

Montreal tomorrow night. Meeting up with Roddenberry at le Saint-Houblon, corner of De Maisonneuve and St-Denis around 5:00PM, in case anybody is in town for this show and wants to hook up for a meal and a pint.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-