Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YES-Like it is-Live at the Mesa Arts Centre cd/dvd/blu-ray!

YES-Like it is-Live at the Mesa Arts Centre cd/dvd/blu-ray!

Frontiers Music Srl, is pleased to announce the upcoming live release by the legendary rock group YES, entitled LIKE IT IS - YES AT THE MESA ARTS CENTER on July 3rdin Europe and July 10thin North America.

Available in 2CD/DVD, Blu-ray and Digital formats, with a later release planned on vinyl too, this new live album, which follows a similar path to the successful release “Like It Is – Yes at the Bristol Hippodrome”, sees two of the band’s signature albums, 1971’s FRAGILE, and 1972’s CLOSE TO THE EDGE performed live in their entirety on the band’s 2014 world tour.

Recorded live on Tuesday August 12th, 2014 at the Ikeda Theater in Mesa, AZ, featuring Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Alan White Geoff Downes and Jon Davison, offers an exciting take on two amazing pieces of music which include live staples such as “Roundabout”, “Heart Of The Sunrise”, “And You and I” and the epic “Close to the Edge”.

“That evening in Mesa, Arizona was a great one. The audience was fantastic; they loved the music and really made it a very special night for us. And we were in top form. The music sounded great and we could have played all night,” says YES co-founder and bassist, Chris Squire. “ ‘Like It Is’ brings the magic and wonderful music of that evening to fans everywhere, and we’re sure they’ll enjoy listening to it as much as we did performing it.”

This new live release comes as YES continues one of its most fertile musical periods in their nearly five decade history and is a perfect companion piece to the other retrospective live release, “Like it Is – Yes at the Bristol Hippodrome”, which included amazing renditions of “Going for the One” and “The Yes Album”. Formed in 1968, the band has endured for nearly five decades and remains one of the most popular live touring acts in rock n roll. They have recently announced their US tour with label-mates TOTO. All dates and ticket links here: http://yesworld.com/2015/04/yes-and-...an-summer-tour

Watch “Heart of the Sunrise” following this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQiTKZGp-10

Tracklisting
    Cd1 (Lp1): Close To The Edge; And You And I; Siberian Khatru.
    Cd2 (Lp2): Roundabout; Cans And Brahms; We Have Heaven; South Side Of The Sky; Five Per Cent For Nothing; Long Distance Runaround; The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus); Mood For A Day; Heart Of The Sunrise.
    Dvd / Blu Ray: Close To The Edge; And You And I; Siberian Khatru; Roundabout; Cans And Brahms; We Have Heaven; South Side Of The Sky; Five Per Cent For Nothing; Long Distance Runaround; The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus); Mood For A Day; Heart Of The Sunrise.

YES is:
    Chris Squire, bass
    Steve Howe, guitars
    Alan White, drums
    Geoff Downes, keyboards
    Jon Davison, vocals

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Slavish fanboy that I am...gotta be the first to say "auto-buy". Eagerly awaiting my "Seven from '72" set as well.

Now makes sense why the CTTE set wasn't included in the recent Live at Bristol release. This will make a nice addition and complete the 'Classic albums' tour on CD/DVD!

Now the last DVD makes sense. Kind of figured this was coming. I see they dropped the H & E songs that came between the 2 albums, and the "Starship Trooper" encore.

Why must they do this? Just include the whole show. Is there anyone at all out there that would say, "Dammit, I only wanted Fragile and CttE live. They ruined it by including the other songs from the show so I'm not buying it."
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Quote Originally Posted by ItalProgRules View Post
    Now the last DVD makes sense. Kind of figured this was coming. I see they dropped the H & E songs that came between the 2 albums, and the "Starship Trooper" encore.

Why must they do this? Just include the whole show. Is there anyone at all out there that would say, "Dammit, I only wanted Fragile and CttE live. They ruined it by including the other songs from the show so I'm not buying it."
    They've also put the Close to the Edge songs in the right order, haven't they, when the album was played in reverse at the concert?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    They've also put the Close to the Edge songs in the right order, haven't they, when the album was played in reverse at the concert?

Henry

Yep, good catch, they sure did. It was reverse order at the show.

"The Fish" was a highlight of this show for me. When Davison and Squire locked in on the vocal part at the end, the old YES mojo was goin' on.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I predict that each album performance will eventually get spun off into its own bargain bin stuffer type release...Fragile Live, The Yes Album Live etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    I predict that each album performance will eventually get spun off into its own bargain bin stuffer type release...Fragile Live, The Yes Album Live etc..

Heh. Yep, each with a generic cover, probably showing a group shot with the wrong lineup.

Heh. Yep, each with a generic cover, probably showing a group shot with the wrong lineup.
    The subtitle will be "Trevor Rabin at his BEST!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Unlikely: I've not seen Frontiers do that sort of thing before. The recycling of certain past Yes recordings over and over relates to past record deals where the band have lost control of the material.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Now that they've done this, the question is whether Yes will ever venture outside these four albums in their setlist. At this point I'd welcome just about anything else.

Yep, good catch, they sure did. It was reverse order at the show.

"The Fish" was a highlight of this show for me. When Davison and Squire locked in on the vocal part at the end, the old YES mojo was goin' on.
    Absolutely! It was a phenomenal show and I was so pleased to see them there that night (after also seeing the previous night's show in Tucson). Chris is a pseudo-hometown boy in Phoenix so it really was a supportive crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Absolutely! It was a phenomenal show and I was so pleased to see them there that night (after also seeing the previous night's show in Tucson). Chris is a pseudo-hometown boy in Phoenix so it really was a supportive crowd.
    I had travelled down to Philly to catch the show with some friends who live there (I live near Buffalo)

Since Yes calls Philly their "second home," it had that hometown vibe going on too. Squire even said it from the stage, which was pretty cool. Plus we got to chat with some of the Syd Arthur guys outside the venue later so it was a very good night.

Is it my imagination, or is that the nuking of a remote desert island after the screening of a rare Gentle Giant album on the cover? If so, let me wipe away a tear.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I saw the first three albums tour from the first row at Mountain Park in neighboring Holyoke MA and thought the show was great. Caught the second tour (with the excellent Syd Arthur opening) at the Oakdale in Wallingford CT and again, great show.

Fred, are you suggesting that the teddy bear didn't play anything on the album?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

doesn't the rocks formations looks like its from tales

Henry
    I actually enjoy the album more in this order. Siberian Khatru always makes for a great opener ever since Yessongs. And You And I is still in the middle and the monumental title song has an awesome ending for the album. I play it this way now and then in the car. I also like to start Relayer with Sound Chaser and end it with Gates Of Delirium. That Soon ending is so beautiful and calm. These are the only 2 Yes albums I do this with.

Unlikely: I've not seen Frontiers do that sort of thing before. The recycling of certain past Yes recordings over and over relates to past record deals where the band have lost control of the material.

Henry
    In this case they've made some effort here to get JUST the re recordings of the classic albums with the current band out, cutting content from the concerts ( including performed songs from Yes' 2014 blockbuster Heaven & Earth) so that each album is snuggled neatly by itself onto its own CD, reordering CTTE to match the studio album. It doesn't seem like Frontiers has ever done anything like that before either. So why wouldn't the next step somewhere down the line be releasing the redone albums individually?
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Is it my imagination, or is that the nuking of a remote desert island after the screening of a rare Gentle Giant album on the cover? If so, let me wipe away a tear.
    Problem is that even if that plan worked to perfection I'd still be out here as the prospect of listening to an unreleased Gentle Giant album holds very limited appeal to me.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters