Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooffoot: Swedish jazz/progressive on Kommune #2 label.

I want the vinyl.

They should come to Norway and gig with someone like Needlepoint, whose audience would most likely love Hoffoot as well. Hell, the Big Dipper store here in Oslo turned nearly 70 vinyl copies of the Kvartätten som Sprängde reissue!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

btw - Needlepoint are working on a new album. Dunno when its ready, tracks were recorded in april.

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Digital download now guys!

http://hooffoot.bandcamp.com/releases
    Thx for the tip. This is great!!

Must buy on first listen. Groovy! Thanks for the heads up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooffoot View Post
    Hi everybody.
    Thank you Spacefreak for the lovely review! Thank you everybody else for showing interest.
    There is a lot of soul, time, and a shit load of money invested into this our debut album. Also this is an 100% analog production. After putting all that effort into the sound it didn´t feel right to throw it all in the MP3 grind. However, of course we want people to be able to hear this! :-)
    We have contemplated your opinions in this thread and then decided to follow your advice. Now it is available for lossless download from Bandcamp.
    Hope the price is right? (I have no idea since I never download myself)
    Enjoy!
    Greetings from HOOFFOOT
    Will Transubstance ever release it on CD or is it going to be LP only? Also in the digital download, do you include some covers files or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Will Transubstance ever release it on CD or is it going to be LP only? Also in the digital download, do you include some covers files or no?
    When the autumn is here there might be a CD available. I can´t promise. We´ll see.
    In what form would a customer like you prefer to get the cover files when you download? I guess you are referring to a cover that you can print and make a nice CR-R copy with to have in your car for the roadtrip to the nearest Hooffoot concert :-)
    Two separate A4 for inner and outer sleeve?
    A printable A3 sheet where you fold the two sides together?
    An adjusted double sided A4?
    Maybe I can have a look around Bandcamp to get an idea...sorry I am way to analog for this digital world :-)

chalkpie
    Man this is NICE stuff. It was disheartening to read that it wasn't available (only vinyl), and then.....voila!.....happy ending! I'd still rather have the disc though.

Can't stop listening. Superb. And three cheers for making this available as a lossless download...I hope many, many, many others follow your lead in this regard.
    Daily jazz vinyl reviews on Instagram @jazzandcoffee

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Can't stop listening. Superb. And three cheers for making this available as a lossless download...I hope many, many, many others follow your lead in this regard.
    +1

chalkpie
    Groove at around the 10:00 mark on track one is S-I-C-K!!!

Wow I love this. Superb driving music, with a nostalgic feel, in the first half, and a nice trippy 2nd half. The last 2 minutes of the 8-minute clip are my favorite and what really sold me. Thanks for making it available to download

Wow, what a great great album! Love it on vinyl..but would absolutely love a cd version of it as well. I love your sound so much! Desert Island disc for sure.. Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooffoot View Post
    When the autumn is here there might be a CD available. I can´t promise. We´ll see.
    In what form would a customer like you prefer to get the cover files when you download? I guess you are referring to a cover that you can print and make a nice CR-R copy with to have in your car for the roadtrip to the nearest Hooffoot concert :-)
    Two separate A4 for inner and outer sleeve?
    A printable A3 sheet where you fold the two sides together?
    An adjusted double sided A4?
    Maybe I can have a look around Bandcamp to get an idea...sorry I am way to analog for this digital world :-)
    Yes, you are right. I would love to be able to print a cover that I would place inside the jewel-case of my CD-R. It's nice to hold something in your hand when you play the music. I understand your predicament, analog vs. digital. I will buy the FLAC files and will hope (and keep my fingers crossed) for a proper CD release.

I'm on my 5th spin... damn. You guys knocked it outta the park!

Listening to it on Bandcamp right now, at work. I am digging the vibe muchly! Will get the download tonight when I get home.

neil

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    If a CD version materializes, you guys will get at least one sale.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Another bump for this truly noteworthy album. https://hooffoot.bandcamp.com/
    Like electric Miles Davis? Soft Machine? Weather Report? Return to Forever? Jukka Tolonen? Great instrumental jazzy/proggy workouts? You're gonna ***LOVE*** this album. Currently in my top 3 for 2015 so far (along with the Steven Wilson album and Umphrey's McGee London Session album).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Another bump for this truly noteworthy album. https://hooffoot.bandcamp.com/
    Like electric Miles Davis? Soft Machine? Weather Report? Return to Forever? Jukka Tolonen? Great instrumental jazzy/proggy workouts? You're gonna ***LOVE*** this album. Currently in my top 3 for 2015 so far (along with the Steven Wilson album and Umphrey's McGee London Session album).
    Good bump. This sucker is seriously tasty. Ya gotta give it a try!

Downloaded on the weekend. Excellent stuff! I just wish it was a little longer!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The vinyl was on my porch when I got home tonight. Well, it was in a shipping box.

I'm about half way through side one and am totally digging this so far. Certainly a contender for my top 10 this year, based upon what I'm hearing so far.

I too am still enjoying this quite a bit. I'd say its in my top 10 as well.

Loved the FLAC so much I bought the vinyl. Outstanding. Sounds fantastic and the gatefold has great artwork.

^^^^

The whole album was solid. Loved it.

Still listening to this quite heavily. Top 5 album for me this year for sure.