Thread: New Faith No More "Sol Invictus" streaming at NPR

New Faith No More "Sol Invictus" streaming at NPR

You can check it out at http://www.npr.org/2015/05/10/404672...ictus#playlist

It is absolutely amazing; exceeded my expectations in every way. "Matador" might possibly be the best song they've ever done; Patton's singing on that track is goose-bump inducing.

Lot's of tasty bass playing by the underrated Bill Gould as well.

Can't wait to see them live when they come to Maryland.

I think it's on an Album of the Year level, so far. "Sunny Side Up" has already stuck in my head.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Still waiting for mine. I'm seeing them in July. I like the two singles from it.

And, yeah, Gould is pretty awesome.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

"Audio is not available in your region"
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Yahoo streamed their Detroit show a few nights ago-
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Stand out track so far (two listens in) is "Matador." I'm not sure where this one will settle into the FNM canon, but it's good. FNM fans should dig this one.

I seen the Yahoo! concert when it streamed live (didn't know anything about it, I was literally checking my e-mail). Nice surprise to see Chuck Mosley do a song.

I finally got a chance to hear the new one. It's much better than Album Of The Year and maybe even the first two, but nothing compared to their '89-'95 peak. "Matador" is one of the best for sure. Overall it's not as heavy as I was expecting.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Finally had a chance to give this disc a proper spin and right now only have initial impressions. I'll start off with the only negative - it's over too damn quick.
    Any doubts i might of had about Jon Hudson being the right guy for the job are all gone now, his style fits the material just fine. I consider myself a FNM fan and when i'm in the mood Album Of The Year is not the one i go for. I find Sol Invictus to be a big improvement, very fresh sounding from a band who sounds like they mean business and will only get better with repeated listenings.

While listening to this couldn't help but thinking about this album wipes the floor out of anything the Red Hot Chili Peppers released in the last 25 years (remember the feud?)

Bottom line - this is a very worthwhile FNM release and i'm thrilled to see them active once again.
    Now if only the rumors of a Bungle reunion come true, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    While listening to this couldn't help but thinking about this album wipes the floor out of anything the Red Hot Chili Peppers released in the last 25 years (remember the feud?)
    I forgot about it, but RHCP has sucked for...well, an age. Nobody's going to knock the talents of Flea and the other guys, but Kiedis has always been the weak link, IMO. The vocal melodies sucks. FNM blows them away.