Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tony Banks--A Chord Too Far

I've been spinning this set this past week again, after some time where it sat on the shelf (too much to listen to all the time)... god, I just *love* that fourth disc. I absolutely LOVE it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I hear you! I wish Tony would release the demos of all the tracks from Six and Seven.

Really looking forward to Five (which he swore he wouldn't title it, but as he has five pieces for it, it looks inevitable as he told Rick Wakeman on his show). Supposedly will have the fifteen-minute piece he composed for the Cheltenham music festival a couple of years ago.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Really looking forward to Five (which he swore he wouldn't title it, but as he has five pieces for it, it looks inevitable as he told Rick Wakeman on his show). Supposedly will have the fifteen-minute piece he composed for the Cheltenham music festival a couple of years ago.
    Wow! Will we really get this?
    I'd be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Wow! Will we really get this?
    I'd be thrilled.
    As far as I know, that's the plan! I'm pretty jazzed about it myself.

I have to say I really enjoy the whole thing. does a great job of resequencing and presenting tony's solo work in a strong way.

and exciting news about a new album had not heard about that until now!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I've been spinning this set this past week again, after some time where it sat on the shelf (too much to listen to all the time)... god, I just *love* that fourth disc. I absolutely LOVE it.
    Oh heck yes, funny that the material he didn't release happens to be so amazing.

Yep, can't wait for 'Five'!