Thread: Shuttah - The Image Maker Vol. 1 & 2: Does anyone know details?

Shuttah - The Image Maker Vol. 1 & 2: Does anyone know details?

A friend of mine is fascinated with the provenance of this unusual album with what I consider to be a fictitious back story. It's allegedly a 1971 unreleased Vertigo album that has no credits, musician info, publishing details, etc. taken from a "pristine, lone-surviving acetate." This explanation sounds like a boatload of crap to me. :-) Vertigo was such an obsessively-chronicled label that the idea of a lone release falling between the cracks only to be miraculously resurrected on the Shadoks label in Germany is pure fantasy.

So, the question is: Does someone here know the truth?

*bump*

Is it the Germans’ revenge for those Unknown Deutschland fake Krautrock albums (Golem, Nazgul, Pyramid, Cozmic Corridors, etc.)?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Don't know if it is a fake or not (as it is rumored to be an acetate), however the sound is surprisingly "clean" for the period.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

My "notes" show it as a Deroy, but I don't have a catalog number or runout, so...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Interesting. Shuttah is a damned annoying word though.

I have known Thomas from Shadoks for years and he doesn't strike me as someone who would put out hoaxes. And they indeed are often working with acetates. Besides, there apparently should be a picture of the acetate in the fourth volume of Hans Pokora's "Record Collector Dreams" book. Sadly I do not have it handy here to confirm, but my notes tell me it should be there.

Based on all this, I would assume the story is genuine.

Not sure about the Vertigo part, though – Marc's guess about Deroy sounds way more plausible to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Besides, there apparently should be a picture of the acetate in the fourth volume of Hans Pokora's "Record Collector Dreams" book. Sadly I do not have it handy here to confirm, but my notes tell me it should be there.
    There is a pic of the acetate in 4001 RCD. It's on the IBC "label." IBC was another tiny Studio Custom label, of which there were quite a few in Britain in the 70s.

It certainly appears legit.