Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Anyone Remember Me??

Good to "see you" again, Mark!

Join our "Amateur Photography Thread" thread. Your pics on FB are great.
    Regards,

Duncan

Hey! Welcome back...good to see a member of the "old guard" returning. Not saying you're old, just that you were active a number of years ag...jeez - let me shut up now.

Nice to have you here again!

Welcome back! China was a good place to hide from all of us here but you couldn't stay away.

Good to hear you are doing well and in a new land that must be interesting to be in.

Don't be a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Good to "see you" again, Mark!

Join our "Amateur Photography Thread" thread. Your pics on FB are great.
    Thank you sir!! I will in due course. Busier than a very busy thing at the moment, but I'll get involved as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Welcome back! China was a good place to hide from all of us here but you couldn't stay away.

Good to hear you are doing well and in a new land that must be interesting to be in.

Don't be a stranger.
    No, they all come back eventually - it's in their blood...

China is...very Chinese, and in Ningbo we're in one of the least Chinese bits, if you catch my drift. Fascinating country though, and we've come here at an interesting time - in both the positive and negative senses. It's interesting to talk to local friends about the enormous changes the country has seen over the last ten years; I think that even my students, who haven't really known anything else, find it utterly bewildering at times. How long things will continue along the present trajectory remain to be seen, as it appear that we're reaching the limits of what the current export-led model of development can achieve. Moreover, from an environmental point of view, this country is something of a nightmare. Watching how this latter problem especially is dealt with over the next few years will be, I suspect, very illuminating.

Of course I remember you!

(I must say, China seems a fairly extreme response to 5 more years of Cameron et al )

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Yes, interesting times to be sure. A lot of friction in the South China Sea, new aircraft carriers, new fighter jets but that's the way it always goes between Super Powers. (I have noticed that it has been some time since I heard our news people or pundits call the U.S. "The Lone Super Power". Interesting I think)

China, eh? Not exactly where I would have guessed you would go but sounds good to me. I see some miraculous new dinosaur discoveries are occuring constantly in Mongolia and Northern China. But I doubt you'll be digging up bones any time soon.

It does seem that China is on the brink of something big but I bet you have a better view than we do.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'll remember you yesterday.

<<Does Anyone Remember Me??>>

Yes.

Yes, I do!

(I don't think too many folks around here have the slightest iota who I am, though. )

I remember seeing you at Trenton in '03. At least I think I do. It's a miracle that I remember anything from that trip.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Welcome back, Mark. China seems like a very interesting place to live, and teach.
    We're plastic but we still have fun!

Of COURSE we remember you Mark!!! Any of the old-timers will (and I don't just mean Geezer and Dave Astley!) ;-) I'm rarely on PE anymore (things change) but it's always good to see an old friend! :-)
    “We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles