Thread: Runddans!

Runddans!

Got this today and just having my first listen, just a few tracks in so far so first impressions...

A collaboration between Todd and Norwegian musicians Emil Nikolaisen and Hans-Peter Lindstrøm. Very trippy, trancy instrumental stuff (with occasional vocals) , kind of harkens back to Todd's mid 70's experimental stuff, a la Initiation.

A few tracks in and I definitely get that Initiation vibe, and being a kind of single epic split into various parts with titles like Liquid Joy From The Womb Of Infinity, it reminds me a little of early Tangerine Dream in that respect.

And it's BIG. By that I mean that it's a wall-of-sound affair...loud, multi-layered, multi-faceted, lots going on.

It's not all synth and drumbeats, you do get Todd's distinctive vocals and guitar work too.

Liking what I hear so far.
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

Well...that took me a bit by surprise...did not check the running time (39 mins), and it ended sooner than I thought.

So I am playing it again and upping the volume a few notches.

What the hell, its a holiday here so neighbours are away...
    I only clicked on it because I thought it was going to be something more interesting...

It's a lovely piece of work and very Todd. I've listened many times now since getting it the other day. It's quite beautiful

The ending alone is worth the price of admission. Like "A Cosmic Treatise" on steriods

And it really is a massive sound, you're right. Very much a headphone experience

Highly recommended.

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Suspended
    What's a runddan?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    What's a runddan?
    I think it translates to Round dance.