Thread: **Best** DVD from Crimson Thrak tour

**Best** DVD from Crimson Thrak tour

I'm ashamed that I never bought anything from this tour.. Any thoughts on what to buy??

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    That is one f*cking awful sleeve artwork.

Deja Vrooom has been greatly worthwhile for me. The menu setup is awful, but it's a fine performance. I also really like the multi-angle option where you can focus on one or two players (and hear them louder) on some songs. Some folks don't care for the video quality (a bit rough with something of a lighting-halo effect) but I don't mind. It was made after they'd been playing a year and a half, so the band had well gelled by that point.

Haven't heard the other one from Argentina. It's from the group's earliest days when they were still breaking everything in (before Thrak was recorded). I believe those are the only two videos out there.

Whoever filmed the Live in Argentina release should be fired...someone clearly, and perhaps justifiably(?), never knew what solo was coming from who or where.

It was cool to compare this footage to Deja Vroom though, i think this was one of the first shows of the 90s era...my personal wish is that they had filmed The ProjeKcts.
    Last edited by Haruspex Carnage; 05-04-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    That's an Argentinian in his native Argentine costume. What are you, some kind of anti-Argentinianite?
    You'd think that set would have featured more selections from the album that had the Argentine flag on the cover.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    What's wrong with the Smoking Frog cover?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Deja Vrooom has been greatly worthwhile for me. The menu setup is awful, but it's a fine performance. I also really like the multi-angle option where you can focus on one or two players (and hear them louder) on some songs. Some folks don't care for the video quality (a bit rough with something of a lighting-halo effect) but I don't mind. It was made after they'd been playing a year and a half, so the band had well gelled by that point.

Haven't heard the other one from Argentina. It's from the group's earliest days when they were still breaking everything in (before Thrak was recorded). I believe those are the only two videos out there.
    Was watching Deja Vroom last night - it's very good, but yeah, the menus blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What's wrong with the Smoking Frog cover?
    A frog? I thought it was an Argie...

(gets coat)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post

Though I'd viewed the DV DVD before, I ended up buying the Argentina DVD, which I ended up regretting

What was a bit upsetting with DV (if memory serves, because I borrowed it from my library system only for two days) was the single disc DVD engraved on each (both) sides, and I didn't end up figuring which was side A...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Deja Vrooom is the better one. Steer clear from the "Live in Japan" one since it's an illegit release.
    I do like Live in Argentine though, it's got a nicely fucked up version of Discipline:
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    What was a bit upsetting with DV (if memory serves, because I borrowed it from my library system only for two days) was the single disc DVD engraved on each (both) sides, and I didn't end up figuring which was side A...
    Yeah, that was before the advent of double-layer DVDs. They were labeled A and B, but you had to peer at the tiny print etched around the center. I believe the newer pressing puts it all on one side.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    Deja Vrooom is the better one. Steer clear from the "Live in Japan" one since it's an illegit release.
    http://shop.schizoidshop.com/king-cr...-dvd-p668.aspx

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    No, I mean this one:
    Yep, that's a pirated version of the same material. The releases on VHS (as Live in Japan), DVD (as Deja Vrooom) and as CD/download are official from DGM, this Woodstock thing was not. Though with all the versions I can see how it's not always easy to keep straight.