Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser's Edge signs Agusa

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    from the US to Europe
    I was just comparing to have to ship/fly in the goods instead of using land transports

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    Good for Greg. He probably has a lot of time on his hands.

It costs us $13 to ship one CD in a small specialized CD mailer to Europe, Japan, South America, Australia. Its not downloading that's killing the CD business. Its the cost of mailing the damn things out of the country.
    Ken, I maintained my order despite finding out about the shipîng costs, so no sweat... I can afford this surcost once in a while

But PLEASE, do put on the green custom label that it is a gift , because I don't want to cross town to pay an extra 10.00 from importing at the customs bureau... I'm already lucky enough to live in Brussels... If I was to live in Ostend or Arlon, this would be another 200 or 300km return trip on top of it.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I was just comparing to have to ship/fly in the goods instead of using land transports

Ken, I maintained my order despite finding out about the shipîng costs, so no sweat... I can afford this surcost once in a while

But PLEASE, do put on the green custom label that it is a gift , because I don't want to cross town to pay an extra 10.00 from importing at the customs bureau... I'm already lucky enough to live in Brussels... If I was to live in Ostend or Arlon, this would be another 200 or 300km return trip on top of it.
    The order is very much appreciated. No worries about the customs declaration.

Real question: How much do you think it costs us to mail 1CD from the US to Europe? Best guess please...
    From Greece it's 3 euros. But I know that vice-versa it's triple price, that's why I stopped buying from the US.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Sorry to derail the post a bit but someone already has. ....So in late 2017, what is the cheapest way to ship 1-3 CDs from the US to Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Sorry to derail the post a bit but someone already has. ....So in late 2017, what is the cheapest way to ship 1-3 CDs from the US to Europe?
    USPS. 1CD will cost $13 to mail. 2-7 discs should be $22 total, depending on how you package them.

Old man of prog
    Already pre-ordered the Hi Rez.

New album is fantastic!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I was looking longingly at my Bandcamp collection earlier today wondering when the whole, new Agusa album would show up, when Lo! - Ken sent an email to his list a few hours ago. It's there!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I was looking longingly at my Bandcamp collection earlier today wondering when the whole, new Agusa album would show up, when Lo! - Ken sent an email to his list a few hours ago. It's there!
    No hires version yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    No hires version yet though.
    Going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Having issues with Bandcamp I need to have resolved.

Going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Having issues with Bandcamp I need to have resolved.
    It's available now. Purchased. Listening. Thanks!

Just got the vinyl from Tobias. Will proceed with a review following an in-depth listening.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Vinyl still to be set up.

https://lasersedge.bandcamp.com
    Will you be setting this up? It would be nice to purchase the LP with the hi res download...

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    Will you be setting this up? It would be nice to purchase the LP with the hi res download...
    I will set it up asap.

This could be Agusa's best album yet... and enjoyably long too
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    This could be Agusa's best album yet... and enjoyably long too
    Interesting. I'm not sure that I'd call 44 minutes that long, in the modern era. Certainly compared to 30 to 35, from the old days. I like a meaty 45-60 minutes, but certainly 45 is not short.

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm liking it, will probably buy it with my next round of bandcamp purchases.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I know I will be a minority here, but it's ok. I am not satisfied with this one. Despite hitting all the right buttons, this doesn't connect with me. It sounds too calculated, too clean, too predictable, too mellow, too academic...shall I go on? You'd expect after 3-4 efforts of them for something else to occur, some fresh ideas...no. It's the same atmosphere from beginning to end, pleasant to the progressive ear, but actually designed to please and nothing more.

With the exception of the 4 last minutes of Sagor fran Saaris. Maybe they should be trying more to shuffle the cards in ways like this.

So, it's a good, pleasant record but that's about it. I wanted to like this, because the band is one of the very few new bands that visit my country for live shows, and get some steady support here. But unfortunately I don't.