Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Happy The Kickstarter

Good health to you, fine sir!

excellent news!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Great to hear from you, Frank! We're all in your corner. Hang in there man!

(Updating the original thread for the kickstarter album)

Making some real progress again
    Posted by Frank Wyatt (Creator)

As my health status demands more and more time and seems to be chipping away at my physical being, I have fallen seriously behind on the project. Thankfully Bill Brasso has come to my rescue by bringing in some much needed help with the finishing mixes. Robert Scott Richardson of After 7 Studios is taking on the mix and we have finished the Title track, Zeitgeist. I am preparing the next piece for him to start mixing now, and to hopefully offer something to everyone as a token of my thanks for the unmatched patience the first track is now up for free download to everyone at the new site where the album delivery will be hosted. Click here to stream and download the Zeitgeist track, and thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me for so long.

Good News, thanks for the update and the track.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Great to hear the news.
    The new tracks sounds fantastic. I’m looking forward to the rest of the album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, if this track is indicative of the what lays ahead musically Zeitgeist is going to be amazing. Love the composition, love the production, love hearing Stan singing again.

Link to the new hosting site. Zeitgeist
    Just what we need...another web location to keep track of! Bandzoogle has the tools for downloads though, so it's a good home for the files. Thanks everyone for your continued support.
    Trying hard to get it done before the end of my red road.
    Frank
    Last edited by Canefire; 02-17-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canefire View Post
    Bandzoogle has the tools for downloads though, so it's a good home for the files.
    Have you ever looked at Bandcamp, which is pretty much the go-to destination these days for independent artists when it comes to releasing their music? It gives you the option to offer files in pretty much all formats available.

Great track! Classic and fresh. Thank You!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Just what we need...another web location to keep track of! Bandzoogle has the tools for downloads though, so it's a good home for the files. Thanks everyone for your continued support.
    Frank
    Thank you, Frank! Get well!

Great track and all, but I am saddened by the news. Sounds like this is a race against time for Frank.

Frank
    Thanks a lot Frank.
    The track sounds wonderful indeed.
    Hope you'll keep the faith and the joy to produce your unique music.
    René

I'm honored my band got to be on the Progday stage the year Happy the Man played. This track is transcendental and inspiring. Thanks so much for the love and work you've put into it Frank Wyatt.

Sounds great, Frank! It is wonderful to hear Stan sing once again!

Get healthy!

Dave Hughes - bass
    Frank Wyatt - piano.
    Kit Watkins - keyboards.
    Stanley Whitaker - vocals and guitar.
    Bill Brasso- drums and percussion

mixed by Bob Richardson (of Cell 15)

and very, very nice. Great Job Frank!
    Last edited by Proghound; 02-20-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Frank's message said the track can be downloaded - has anyone figured out how to do that? I can only stream it.

Oh, and Frank, the track is just great! Thanks for posting it for us, and for the update. I wish you good health.

Click on "Free". Sign up for the email list. You'll get an instant reply and link to the download.
    Frank Wyatt.jpg

^^ Thank you!

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Any updates?
    As a matter of fact, this update just went up on Frank's website (https://frankwyattmusic.com/home):

Second track is completed

The second Zeitgeist project track, Eleventh Hour, is now mixed. Bob has finished his Rosfest duties for the year and is back on the project full speed ahead. Next up are Twelve Jumps (waiting for a guitar solo), and The Approach. Andrew Colyer is working on his final revisions to the synth parts for The Approach which will complete the tracking for that composition. I am having another hard drive issue on the studio computer. The SSD has filled up and I am going to have to migrate it to a larger system drive. The tech just keeps on challenging my gear! On the health front my battle continues. I am at Johns Hopkins now in another experimental trial. My attitude is great and I believe I will win eventually! Thanks to everyone for supporting the project for so long. I will be trying to move all my websites into this one location over the next month or so. The subscribers at Crafty Hands Studio Backstage are the only way things are staying afloat online and I am looking at ways to perhaps add a Patreon support option on this new site to help out. Also in a bit of related news, The Muse Awakens has now been released under our own (Happy The Man) ownership and I have forty copies of the new version for sale. I will put them in the store here and see how it works out. Cost is $15.00 plus shipping.

Thanks again everyone!
    Frank

06/15/2018

Frank's new shop contains a couple of other albums too, like the two Oblivion Sun-CD's (including downloads): https://frankwyattzeitgeist.bandzoogle.com/store

New Update:

I have replaced the very full studio computer's SSD operating system drive at last and it can again buffer the huge sample libraries being used in the Perelandra piece. The Zeitgeist is now moving again. Also there are some new pages added to the website. I am still working on the Crafty Hands Studio implementation, but quite a few videos have been moved here now. Check out the Kit and Coco live in 1981 video! It is great! Also the few Happy The Man videos I can locate are now on the site. The "Backstage" material is slowly being migrated over as well. Subscribers will be given a password when that area is completed.

I found an old CD project I did called <em>A Certain Whisper</em> which has some interesting themes on it. The original ideas for Turning My Head and Il Quinto Mare are found in a couple of the tracks. It is a very ambient collection of tonal experiments, not much like the prog rock I usually perform. I put it on the site anyway in the interest of documenting these early solo efforts. Peace and happiness to all of you.

Frank

For those who like to know what was written about A Certain Whisper when it was released, here's a review:

FRANK WYATT
    “A Certain Whisper”
    (MP3.COM 107 468)
    While we’re waiting for the new album from Happy The Man, “The Muse Awakens”, that seems to appear in the autumn, the members of this band aren’t sitting around doing nothing. Stan Whitaker for example can be heard very prominent on “Marked For Madness” from Michelle Young, while Frank Wyatt is hoping to bring out his second solo-CD, “The Physics Of The Heart”, in the near future. On first listen his previous record, “A Certain Whisper” from 2001, doesn’t have much ground in common with HTM. Keyboard-player and player of wind instruments Wyatt, you see, creates a melodious ambient landscape, introvert and, because the nearly lacking of rhythm-instruments, “timeless”. But still there are some links. The opening track “The Seed Of Five Seas” for instance, one of the songs he wrote for a media technology project, appears to be the point of departure for a new HTM-composition, “Quintomare”. And “Seventh Jungle”, in which he experiments with electronic percussion, has some affinity with the more dark solo-work of his ex-colleague Kit Watkins. “A Certain Whisper” is a very personal album though, which can be felt especially in the trilogy “Loss”. It is written for his daughter, as support by a traumatic experience. The title-track shows a different site of Wyatt, that of a poet. Over a threatening background of sounds he reads one of his own poems. On the CD you hear mainly synthesizers, at which often solemn sounds are being added with a piano, while in “A Dream Of Amsterdam”, which is inspired on a conversation with friend/author Todd Brendan Fahey, there’s also some place for the grand and sad tones of his saxophone. This all has resulted in a half an hour full of atmosphere, which shows especially the introvert side of Wyatt.

Banned
    Wow, that Kitt and Coco video was super! Love to see and hear Kitt reunite with HTM.