Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy The Kickstarter

Thank you!

Frank's comment from March sounds encouraging, as far as his well-being. Hoping he's doing well!

Is this the same Zeitgeist project from 2015? If so, do Kickstarter contributions from then still count? I haven't seen any email updates since 11-13-2015.

Thanks

It is, and they do. Given health considerations, the project is (100% understandably) taking much, much longer to complete.

I appreciate the folks who are able to share additional updates from other sources with us.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Yeppers.
    Projects involving the HtM team are well worth waiting for.

Magmashark has an interview with Stanley Whitaker that includes an update on what's going on with the project from his perspective.

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...view-and-music

I just got a note from Frank in which he tells he might join us one of these days to talk about some of the recent events and circumstances that influenced the progress of the project.

Very cool! We'd love to hear from The Maestro!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by insidious meme View Post
    Magmashark has an interview with Stanley Whitaker that includes an update on what's going on with the project from his perspective.

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...view-and-music
    Great interview with Stan. A fairly comprehensive history of HTM was provided. Stan said that he and the band knew the music company in Fort Wayne Indiana that did Genesis shows in the late 70s. I was wondering if that company evolved in to Sweetwater, the music company there now that Nick D'Virgilio works for. He actually moved there I heard.

Friends, I am so sorry this is taking so long! I sometimes feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew on this project. It is a huge undertaking and makes me realize how much easier these things were when the whole band was working together on recordings, and additionally real life interventions continue to swamp me. I assure you I am still working on the project and it will be done. I have a plan "B" in place for the project to be completed if I should expire before it is all the way finished. As it stands now, there are only a few parts left to record; one bass track which in the works, a guitar solo, one vocal track, and some percussion overdubs. Several tracks are completed and ready to mix, indeed some mix work has started. The symphonic piece, Perelandra, has been an incredible journey. There are hundreds of hours invested in the performing of each of the instruments and probably just as many in learning how to accurately use the samples in such a way that they sound realistic. I often have felt very guilty for using this project to deliver my dream of composing a symphony, for the project would no doubt have been completed had I not pursued this ambition. In any event, I am committed now, and the fourth movement is probably 75% done. I hope it will be worthy of the effort, and your patience, to complete. I have been remiss in updates and apologize for that. If anyone wants to shout profanities at me, please feel free to do so! I have no doubt that I deserve any abuse proffered. On the health front, I am now at Georgetown University Hospital, my tenure at Johns Hopkins having proved ineffective for a lasting stabilization. Some new experimental treatment is pending, so another dive into the unexplored and murky waters of side effects is upon me. Know that I am determined and willling to conquer this malady, and go cheerfully into the fight. Thank you all for your support and exemplary patience and understanding.
    Frank

Thank You for the update.
    No worries from here Frank.
    Keep up the fight.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Canefire View Post
    Friends, I am so sorry this is taking so long! I sometimes feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew on this project. It is a huge undertaking and makes me realize how much easier these things were when the whole band was working together on recordings, and additionally real life interventions continue to swamp me. I assure you I am still working on the project and it will be done. I have a plan "B" in place for the project to be completed if I should expire before it is all the way finished. As it stands now, there are only a few parts left to record; one bass track which in the works, a guitar solo, one vocal track, and some percussion overdubs. Several tracks are completed and ready to mix, indeed some mix work has started. The symphonic piece, Perelandra, has been an incredible journey. There are hundreds of hours invested in the performing of each of the instruments and probably just as many in learning how to accurately use the samples in such a way that they sound realistic. I often have felt very guilty for using this project to deliver my dream of composing a symphony, for the project would no doubt have been completed had I not pursued this ambition. In any event, I am committed now, and the fourth movement is probably 75% done. I hope it will be worthy of the effort, and your patience, to complete. I have been remiss in updates and apologize for that. If anyone wants to shout profanities at me, please feel free to do so! I have no doubt that I deserve any abuse proffered. On the health front, I am now at Georgetown University Hospital, my tenure at Johns Hopkins having proved ineffective for a lasting stabilization. Some new experimental treatment is pending, so another dive into the unexplored and murky waters of side effects is upon me. Know that I am determined and willling to conquer this malady, and go cheerfully into the fight. Thank you all for your support and exemplary patience and understanding.
    Frank
    Thank you for this update, Frank. The material sounds great and the big symphonic piece is clearly the baby that you need to birth. This fan is very willing to wait until it is complete.

Your health is everything. Focus on that; kick this thing. It is time that modern science delivers on its promise. We want you cured.

Thank you for all the music, past, present, and future.

Yep...to echo the fine folks above: health first. We're all pulling for you, sir
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yep, thanks for the update, but it takes as long as it takes!

Good to hear from you, Frank!

There is no need to apologize for anything. Echoing the above comments, your health and well-being are more important. Hang in there!

Stay strong Frank, positive thoughts and prayers to you.

Great to hear from you Frank! All the best with your treatments and health my friend!

wishing you a full recovery Frank!

and I am looking forward to hearing the Symphony too
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Thanks Frank. I'm very pleased to hear from you again. To be honest I was quite concerned about your health, but I also know how you're dealing with this all, so that made me hopefull again.
    This news proves me right about the latter.
    All the best strenght and great music to put you through this.

My love as always, my friend! Stick around for several more decades, please!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Cancer is a bitch.
    My sister & her doctors slapped it down after her 4th bout of chemo & radiation. They encapsulated the cancer in her lung. It's not gone, but it can't grow. She has returned to good health & is doing great. My hopes are that you & your doctors can get the upper hand. Cheers Frank! Kick that bastards ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Cancer is a bitch.
    My sister & her doctors slapped it down after her 4th bout of chemo & radiation. They encapsulated the cancer in her lung. It's not gone, but it can't grow. She has returned to good health & is doing great. My hopes are that you & your doctors can get the upper hand. Cheers Frank! Kick that bastards ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Make sure Vitamin D levels are good. See if you can obtain CBD in your state, it stimulates the endocannabinoid system which is the body’s prime defense against cancer.

Just a quick health FYI. I am in screening for a new trial, back at Johns Hopkins. It is looking very promising that I will qualify so I will be hitting the disease with a new hammer soon. I worked on the project all day today and moved the Symphony forward. Hope is in the air.

Frank...traveling the red road, beneath dusty stars' stretched light.

Good News Frank.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Canefire View Post
    Just a quick health FYI. I am in screening for a new trial, back at Johns Hopkins. It is looking very promising that I will qualify so I will be hitting the disease with a new hammer soon. I worked on the project all day today and moved the Symphony forward. Hope is in the air.

Frank...traveling the red road, beneath dusty stars' stretched light.
    I have a good feeling about this new hammer.
    It is so good to hear that you had such great progress in the studio today.

Hope is indeed in the air.

Thank you, Frank.