Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Flowers performed with Zappa Plays Zappa in Vegas!

Rachel Flowers performed with Zappa Plays Zappa in Vegas!

Rachel Flowers performed with Zappa Plays Zappa last night in Vegas. I have seen a few video clips on FB, but unfortunately they are not up on YouTube yet. One was a guitar shredding jam with Dweezil. There is also one where she plays keyboards and sings/monologues. I honestly couldn't tell you which tracks. Hopefully there were some better videos that will be available to post soon.
    When she was waiting to be introduced, there were a substantial number of people chanting "RACHEL" RACHEL! Looking forward to seeing more.

BTW, the fact that she can play these complicated parts AND SING/MONOLOGUE simultaneously is simply an incredible feat for anybody. Never mind that she is blind also. She is simply a very gifted musician.

Nice! I'll keep an eye out for videos. Cant wait to see ZPZ Friday here in Austin too.

Very Cool Indeed.

When Dweezil & Co played the Boetcher Concert Hall in Denver they brought out about 8 players from the Colorado Symphony Orchestra and played a Killer Version of the The Grand Wazoo and Peaches & Regalia.

Which is to say, if you Can see Zappa plays Zappa, drop everything and Just DO it. Your in for a VERY fun night. . .

: ipa

Just Sayin"
    regards
    KGH
    www.artbykgh.com

Wherein one can peruse all manner of Digital Artwork & Photography. . .

chalkpie
    They should hire her. Probably play the difficult scored material at a higher precision rate then anybody else in the band.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    They should hire her. Probably play the difficult scored material at a higher precision rate then anybody else in the band.
    Ha!

This is awesome! Can't wait to see some footage on yt!

Does anyone have the feeling that the snowball has picked up some momentum rolling down the hill now.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I'm going to see them in August with a blind friend, no less! Should be fun navigating from the parking lot.

IGGY................
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Wish I could have been there for that show. Sounds really fantastic. And it also sounds like she has obtained some fame in Las Vegas. Good for her!

^^

Thanks!!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Rachel's Mom has many more on facebook. If you haven't joined yet you should and make Rachel your friend. I'll be bringing in some more right here so stay tuned.

Unfortunately you can barely hear her shredding in that clip.

I can't copy the videos that her Mom took because there isn't a method for it.

Now she's also blown me away with her vox!

There is no justice in the world if this young lady doesn't become an international superstar afaic.
    Last edited by progeezer; 04-27-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Well, the good news is that the entire show was pro shot for inclusion in her upcoming film,Hearing Is Believing. How much of the ZPZ footage will make it to the movie I can't say.

Freakin' awesome The word prodigy is one of those that gets thrown around a lot with little respect for what it really means but RF qualifies.

Great to see her with ZPZ. Wish her guitar had been louder, but still great nonetheless. Vocals are otherworldly. Thanks for posting.

Hey Jubal - thanks for starting the thread! Just got this posted and I also have iPhone video of the other two songs Rachel played with ZPZ. Will be posting them tomorrow, hopefully, plus I will repost the videos to youtube that are currently just on Facebook. Ran out of hours (and energy) to get it all done. What a weekend!! ~ jeanie

ETA - You can hear the guitars better in my video of Montana. Will be posting that tomorrow after work. And yes, the Hearing is Believing documentary film crew was on hand, and the venue shoots their own video and have made all of that footage (5 cameras) available for the documentary as well. LOVE everyone at Brooklyn Bowl Vegas!! ~ jf

And do you remember who else did this - nailed FZ's whole repertoire at an absurdly young age, and did it entirely by ear for exactly the same reason?

Mats Oberg.

The other astounding thing to keep in mind is that all this prog virtuosity on half-a-dozen instruments is just a sideline to Rachel's real career plan, which is to be the next Jean-Pierre Rampal.

Okay, that's just great! Now it's time for Robert Fripp to let Rachel play with KC, doing Larks Tongue... :-)
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel's Mom View Post
    Hey Jubal - thanks for starting the thread! Just got this posted and I also have iPhone video of the other two songs Rachel played with ZPZ. Will be posting them tomorrow, hopefully, plus I will repost the videos to youtube that are currently just on Facebook. Ran out of hours (and energy) to get it all done. What a weekend!! ~ jeanie

ETA - You can hear the guitars better in my video of Montana. Will be posting that tomorrow after work. And yes, the Hearing is Believing documentary film crew was on hand, and the venue shoots their own video and have made all of that footage (5 cameras) available for the documentary as well. LOVE everyone at Brooklyn Bowl Vegas!! ~ jf
    I was about to post this video too. She kills on the solo ending section. George Duke would be a proud man to hear her in this. Cheers!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Did they play What's New in Baltimore?

I'm with Steve...I just don't understand why she hasn't received a huge push and recognition for her talents. Is our culture so messed up that she can be ignored? Seriously, I'm confused.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau