Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yezda Urfa

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    those guys put me to sleep.
    so is Yezda, TBH
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Yezda Urfa are quite interesting and amazing musicians, but I am not often in the mood for listening to 5uu's, Dixie Dregs and Gentle Giant in the same track.
    I guess they would be a great live act though.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    The only US prog that I'd consider a "Classic" is Victor Peraino's Kingdom Come-No Man's Land.
    I disagree.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Some winning personalities are shinning in the thread!

For Symphonic fans, Yezda Urfa are an absolute must, both top shelf IMO

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

I always liked Yezda Urfa and thought they were pleasingly quirky. Both Sacred Baboon and Boris are enjoyable releases. I was saddened to hear of singer Rick Rodenbaugh's passing back in March of 2008 (He was 54). There's a live document of their NEARfest appearance, which is not bad at all. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/YezdaUrfa

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear
    I haven’t heard the self-titled official release but I hear a lot of folks bashing it; it has an alternate version of “Gwen’s Madrigal,” otherwise there’s no overlap with their other releases. The 2007 album is more archival stuff. I remember it getting a bit of a plug at the time (maybe even an original member or two posting to the board) but I haven’t heard much about it since. Haven’t heard, but good God, is that cover art ugly with a capital UG or what?
    Thanks guys for the info re: the 2007 Pentwater album. But mentioning that cover was cruel. My eyes still bleed...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Yezda Urfa are quite interesting and amazing musicians, but I am not often in the mood for listening to 5uu's, Dixie Dregs and Gentle Giant in the same track.
    I guess they would be a great live act though.

Shiiizz.... that is a description that would get me to buy their album totally unheard. lol