Thread: Blurred Vision - Organized Insanity

Blurred Vision - Organized Insanity

Anybody else got this? This is by some distance the best CD of 2015, so far, for me. Maybe a bit too commercial for some prog purists tastes, but there is a huge Floyd influence on here. The album leans towards the more psychedelic side of things with some great vocal harmonies and some superb guitar work. To top it off, it's produced by Terry Brown. Highly recommended, especially if you are up for a modern take on psychedelia with a pop veneer. For those in the UK they are on tour with Uriah Heep this week.

Stumpy

Agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by stumpyuk View Post
    Anybody else got this? This is by some distance the best CD of 2015, so far, for me. Maybe a bit too commercial for some prog purists tastes, but there is a huge Floyd influence on here. The album leans towards the more psychedelic side of things with some great vocal harmonies and some superb guitar work. To top it off, it's produced by Terry Brown. Highly recommended, especially if you are up for a modern take on psychedelia with a pop veneer. For those in the UK they are on tour with Uriah Heep this week.
    Good description..., with a bit of Beatles influence thrown in too. I had heard a few of the songs throughout the recording process and thought they were definitely strong (I actually play banjo on the track "No More War"). But when I heard the finished album I was astounded. I apologize for the hyperbole, but this CD is very nearly a masterpiece. Even PROG magazine has latched on to it for an upcoming featured review.
    The official Tiles website: www.tiles-music.com

Just heard for the first time today and was really impressed. The Beatlesque vocal harmonies and melodies are fabulous. Part of it could be considered "progressive pop", but the last two songs are on the realm of prog rock. The Keeper and Organized insanity are the highlights, at least to me. No hesitation in buying this one. Thanks for the heads up.