Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProgDay "Family" Tragedy

ProgDay "Family" Tragedy

There is no easy way to post bad news like this, but for those of you have attended or participated in ProgDay over the years, the festival has suffered a devastating loss. Sarah and MaryAnne Tatum were in a fatal car accident a few days ago. Sarah did not survive and MaryAnne is still in very serious condition. Those of you who have attended ProgDay would know the Tatum twins as the two little blond girls who started working behind the merch table when they were just little kids. We literally saw them grow up year after year behind the table helping out Peter Renfro. Over the years we saw them go from bright young kids to beautiful young college students. Their father David was a ProgDay regular attending just about every year.

A Go Fund Me account has been set up at the following link: http://www.gofundme.com/r2ugw8

The money raised through this fund raising effort will go to help the family pay MaryAnne's upcoming medical expenses as well as help them out with everything else they may be dealing with. I challenge the ProgDay family to donate what they can to help the Tatum family out.

Steve Sly

That is really awful news, Steve. Thank you for raising our awareness.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I've never attended, but this is incredibly sad.

Wow! What bad news! I certainly remember them at the ProgDay T-shirt table.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

http://manninglive.com/2015/04/06/co...-wreck-victim/

This is going to take a long time to come to terms with.

It was just a month ago (ProgDay-time) that they were running around Riverside High School with the little dachshund during ProgDay 2002...or getting into water-pistol fights during the hotter years...and always the twin-faces of the merchandise table until their semi-retirement two or three years ago (but they still put in appearances, even last year). They were a very large component of what made ProgDay a Family event (with a capital F).

Peter

Very sad to hear this, although I never met them, of course.

What age were they now?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Very sad to hear this, although I never met them, of course.

What age were they now?
    The article indicates 23. Far too young to pass away.

I only ever talked to them briefly, usually while snagging a T at the fest. That is a genuinely terrible, tragic loss for their family. I hope the campaign helps bring them some financial support.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

As a relative newcomer to ProgDay, I can't say that I knew them, but it is always sad when someone dies well before their time. My condolences to the family and hope that MaryAnne survives.

How tragic, my heart goes out to their family. My daughters are just a bit younger, I can't imagine having to face what the Tatum family is going through. Hopefully the money raised will let them know we care.

I remember them very well. This is very sad indeed.

I'm wishing for some comfort & peace for the Tatums, and a full recovery for MaryAnne.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    As the parent of twins (now age 20), this tragedy hits close to home.

so tragically sad to hear this

I never got to the festival but my heart goes out to the family
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I am so sorry to hear of this; my sincerest condolences to the family and hopes for the strength they'll need in getting through possibly the worst thing that can happen to parents....and, of curse, if there are any additional siblings.

..and,of course, best wishes for a gullrecovery for the surviving siblin....

So, so tragic.....
    Last edited by jkelman; 04-09-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Wow, even though I didn't know them this hits kind of close to home for me considering I was in a rather serious car accident back in 08 just fifteen minutes or so before arriving at the hotel(my car was totaled even though I only suffered scrapes and scratches). Sad, sad news. Best wishes and condolences for the family. I hope the young lady who did survive recovers fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Wow, even though I didn't know them this hits kind of close to home for me considering I was in a rather serious car accident back in 08 just fifteen minutes or so before arriving at the hotel(my car was totaled even though I only suffered scrapes and scratches). Sad, sad news. Best wishes and condolences for the family. I hope the young lady who did survive recovers fully.
    You would know them if you saw them. David as well.

As a car crash survivor myself and father of two daughters, I'll say it's tragic and devastating. I wish a full and quick recovery to the lady that survived and condolences for the family.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Best wishes to the family. Hope the surviving girl pulls through fully.

That's terrible news.

I knew these girls very well as we purchased numerous items over the years from the merch area . . .

Maybe the ProgDay leadership can do something special this year . . . sad as it is, yet a befitting tribute considering their devotion to the fest, music and scene.

This is utterly devastating. Prayers going out to the family and all that knew them.

Read the report about this accident that occurred off the I-95. Such a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Read the report about this accident that occurred off the I-95. Such a tragedy.
    Where can I find it, Gruno? Tried googling it- found zip.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Wow, we're so sorry to hear this.
    Our deepest condolences.

Jim & Lila
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    here

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Here it is. Very sad. My condolences to everyone affected.

http://www.counton2.com/story/287132...arendon-county

Thanks, you two.