Thread: Abel Ganz

Abel Ganz

We are relativley starved of good prog gigs here in Glasgow, but have been not too bad recently with Pallas last month and Amplifier next month. Last night was Abel Ganz at Cottiers Theatre here in Glasgow, which is a lovely old converted church. They were filming for a DVD and played their recent self titled album, which I thoroughly recommend. I've attached a short snippet here, but I don't think my footage will make the final edit.

Glad to hear they're still at it. I got to review their Shooting Albatross album a while back, knowing little about them other than they used to be part of the UK neo scene back in the day. I was really pleasantly surprised by how good it was. This was a mature, confident group who weren't acting like they had anything to prove, and they made it very easy for the listener to slip comfortably into their music. Lots of heart here.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

SO looking forward to their Rosfest show. Their latest CD is filled with unbelievable melodic beauty.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Looking forward to checking them out at ROSfest. The most recent is the only album I have, but I like it a lot.

Latest album is definitely a stand out. Their previous album "Shooting Albatross" is also a great prog rock album.