Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Van Halen 2015 Tour

The performances I've heard have not had an extra voice in the background. It always occurs to me that if Dave is singing these songs in a different key, wouldn't the old harmonies seem out of tune?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Well, perhaps I'm misinformed - wouldn't be the first time. Can't believe everything you read on the Internet, apparently.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    so are the vocals in this footage pre-recorded??

Set List SPOILER

1) LIGHT UP THE SKY!!! (Van Halen II classic not performed since ’80!)
    2) RUNNIN’ WITH THE DEVIL
    3) ROMEO DELIGHT
    4) EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    5) DROP DEAD LEGS!!! (1984 classic – never performed live!)
    6) FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT (Van Halen classic not performed since ’98!)
    7) SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR!
    8) SHE’S THE WOMAN
    9) CHINA TOWN
    10) I’LL WAIT
    11) DRUM SOLO
    12) LITTLE GUITARS
    13) DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY
    14) BEAUTIFUL GIRLS
    15) WOMEN IN LOVE…
    16) HOT FOR TEACHER
    17) IN A SIMPLE RHYME!!! (W&CF classic not performed since club days!)
    18) GROWTH!! (W&CF instrumental very rarely performed!)
    19) DIRTY MOVIES!!! (Fair Warning classic – never performed live!)
    20) Dave playing harmonica & ICE CREAM MAN
    21) UNCHAINED
    22) AIN’T TALKIN ‘BOUT LOVE
    23) GUITAR SOLO (9 minutes long)
    24) YOU REALLY GOT ME
    25) PANAMA
    26) JUMP

Read more: http://www.vhnd.com/2015/07/05/van-h...#ixzz3f5xIa1Lw

Five from their 1984 album! Nice!

…along with the rare & never-been-performed classics!

Nice List!

Great set list! Best thing about it is if they always close with Jump, I could get a head start out the door to beat the crowds. I dislike that song.

The only thing I like about Jump is the guitar solo. Usually when I hear the intro to Jump I change the station. I do the same with Owner of a Lonely Heart. I hear the intro and switch the station.

Taking my 19 year old to see them in Portland tomorrow night! A few cuts I would rather see, but otherwise should prove to be a good show if EVH and DLR don't strangle each other on stage first!
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

Eddie
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Very nice set list!

This sounds damned good!

Caught the show in Tinley Park (Chicago) Friday night and it was good, not great. The best part of the show was the set list, almost the same as what was posted earlier (same songs just a different order) The venue in Tinley Park is awful and I avoid it at all cost. The sound was terrible, you could barely hear DLR, now that may have been by design as his voice is shot. EVH is EVH, and the real reason to see any VH show. They played 2 hours straight at a fast pace, almost no breaks. Wolfe stayed in his spot but played well and does well with the backing vocals. AVH was much better this time than the last time I saw them a few years ago, and he looked to be having fun. As for DLR, well he was DLR. He certainly cannot do the acrobatics he once did and that is okay and certainly understandable, but at times he looked out of place on stage. Also that fake smile of his is just plain annoying. His voice range is gone and at times the backing vocals were much more prominent. The venue is awful, terrible sound and sight lines, I was 25th row center and it was hard to see the stage.

I just came from the box office and scored a pair of 8th row center tix for tonight's show, hung around and listened to the sound check, jesus christ Ed sounds f'king phenomenal, he and the kid's vocals seem spot on, this is going to be a dynamite show. Pretty stoked.

Nice!!! Let us know how the show was!

A weird morning, 5 1/2 hrs sleep, 8 am dental appointment with my mind playing Women And Children First as those high frequency instruments hit my molars.

As far as the VH show - Fantastical!! Set list was about a mirror image of what Gruno posted, i would have liked to heard And The Cradle Will Rock or Atomic Punk but what the hell, very happy with what we had. When this band hits the stage it's a juggernaut from start to finish. Say what you will about Dave, the guy really never was much of a singer, he's a showman - and damn can the man perform. And Wolfgang - the young fellow has really come into his own as a bass player and backing vocals were all top notch, Alex cranking out beats like a guy half his age and Eddie, he's still the man.
    Last edited by progholio; 07-27-2015 at 01:24 PM.