Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Files Coming Back to TV!

Thankfully, I saw on Facebook that a football game may run over into the X Files episode, so I recorded another half hour. Like Fargo, lots of commercials. More enjoyable
    to watch it after the fact. Decent episode for starters. I read the subsequent episodes get much better. Second one is 8PM Pacific time Monday (tomorrow) night. I'll be checking
    for football games from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Our local station went to a Mike and Molly rerun at the halfway mark. After five minutes they jumped back to the X Files, then in another ten minutes went to Access Hollywood, then X Files, then Mike and Molly, then X Files.
    It's all part of a government conspiracy to keep you from learning the truth.

Holy crap that premier may have been worse than Carson Palmer's performance.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Yeah, it was bad. Wondering if it's going to be worth sticking with it.

Tonight's, part 2, was amazing. One of the best episodes in the history of the series. So much better than last night's, part 1.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Yes, that was very satisfying. Brought back Duchovny's s comic side as well.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Excellent second episode! Cannot wait for next week!

I fell asleep on the 2nd one. I'm just not interested any more.

The second episode was a return to form. It felt like a traditional X-Files episode. I also like that they did not revise or "update" the intro and theme.

I almost thought about starting a thread about Mark Snow and the X Files soundtrack. I read this article on NPR and found it fascinating.

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/22/463971...the-theme-song
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart